Changing Gears

My husband does not completely stop his Tahoe when changing into reverse. Is this putting unecessary wear on his transmission? Thanks

Yes, it is putting LOTS of unnecessary wear on the transmission.

Tell him to pause in neutral first:) That’s what I do with the same transmission.

I have the older version of the transmission used in the Tahoe, it will handle this kind of abuse w/o much issue. Not a good tranny for towing though:(

My husband does not completely stop his Tahoe when changing into reverse.

He’s your husband. :slight_smile:

Not good for a number of reasons. Pick up a good heavy frying pan and let him you you are reason # 43 why it is a bad idea.

“Not good for a number of reasons. Pick up a good heavy frying pan and let him you you are reason # 43 why it is a bad idea.”

Huh?

It is not the best way to do it but it is neither a serious character flaw nor will it spell the premature demise of your Tahoe. Place it in the category of which way to hang the toilet paper and move on.

My mom has the same habit. She’ll be pulling out of the driveway in reverse, then she’ll put it in drive before coming to a complete stop. Nor does she use the parking break. But hey, it’s her car and her money, so I don’t say anything.

You want to see damage? Let me be the brake rider while towing a military aircraft again. When the shear pin on the towbar went and I heard the whistle blow, I almost tore the plane off the landing gear. They never gave me a shifter to play with.

How old is your hubby??? He will find out when he have to dish out big bucks for a trans repair. And do not go to AAmco they will still you blind.