CarTalk membership total

@db4690 He wasn’t. That user was within the last month or so. It was in the spring, according to the thread he referenced.

1 Like

It was Brian Sydnes;

Another Dryden epic is developing.

Explain for the unenlightened please.

John Dryden was an author well know for his mock epic poetry. “Mack Flecknoe” was particularly entertaining for me. The adage ‘tempest in a tea pot’ describes the literature and this thread.

1 Like

Ditto to you my friend. Try not posting to me again about stopping, when you are continuing.

Last word, I win!

4 Likes

If it had been 3 days since the comments, I would have honored my pledge to stop myself. However, that has not been the case. I don’ think it has been 3 hours (and usually less)…when another unsolicited comment comes in.

The last post from texases was 8 hours ago. I don’t know if his post was quickly followed by others or not. However, I will wait a full day or more (starting from texases 8 hour since posting mark; the ones in between do not matter) and see if unsolicited posts continue. If it does not, then all is good. And that should indicate who is not stopping.

I’m not touching you. You can’t get mad.

I'm not touching you  You can't get mad

6 Likes

Can we get more popcorn??? We need more popcorn to get through these drive-in marathons.

6 Likes

They will continue taunting you until you are banned.

1 Like

I do not think he will be banned, nice to have a poster so interested in this board on life support.

here you go . . . this guy seems to be enjoying the show!

Fair enough, point taken in good humor. I’ll bow out now.

1 Like

Bump bump bump.

Have you ever considered the remote possibility that what you consider a fact, someone else might consider just your opinion. After all, that Pluto was a Planet was a fact, until it wasn’t.

You are not being singled out. I have been cautioned at least twice by our lovely moderator, It may have been more, I have pretty thick skin and I might not remember, but I am sure it was justified.

I have not read your post about car buying, but there are so many variables involved in new car buying that I do not believe there is a one size fits all approach that will result in the best price for every deal. For example, if you want a model that is in great demand and there is a limiter supply, the dealer can get what he wants. He does not need you, there are people waiting in line to pay over msrp.

4 Likes

I dunno, I think I’ve been called enough names to get a prize. I’ve been around here for over 20 years I guess and seems like in the last couple of years there has been an effort to blast people. For some I have absolutely no idea what got them up off their chairs. It’s OK to disagree with responses and state your own opinion but really maybe tone it down a little. Like I said before, part of what is interesting here is the variety of participants. They aren’t all mechanics but teachers, engineers, business people, and maybe a lawyer or two, so you get a variety of responses. Also the questions involve more than just diagnostic questions. So as they say in Minnesota “whatever”.

2 Likes