CarTalk membership total

That’ll teach me to look twice before clicking :laughing:

Responded to the wrong guy :slightly_frowning_face:

I shall chime in whenever I wish until the moderators decide to block me. That’s how forums work.

Since you must always have the last word in any exchange, you have that same freedom, and I expect you will exercise it.

4 Likes

Dude, I just backed you up by agreeing that you proved the guy’s “opinions” wrong.

You attack me even when we agree?

This happens to be the perfect example of “bad blood” and old grudges I mentioned above.

@Rick-Woodbury like I said in the other thread, it’s time to let the car buying discussion go. I don’t have an opinion on the merits, but you and others disagree and it’s going to keep going, to nowhere good or productive.

3 Likes

Well, that’s the whole nature of the internet for you . . .

Because you weren’t crystal clear, I thought you were talking about me :smiley:

It wasn’t the first time this sort of thing has happened

And it won’t be the last, either

I believe this is inevitable, when people don’t have eye contact and can’t see body language, hear the tone in somebody’s voice and other important details

Again, it is interesting and maybe telling that you would single me out. I am being insulted and attacked by the arguable-minions that have nothing better to do than to squabble about something they know little about. Why not address this advisory to all; that may be more balanced and effective.

Have you not read the other posts which iterate similar complaints as mine regarding these few…who click together and attack and insult someone who may have a difference of opinion from one in that group?

Note: Yes, I can stop. But so can they. It is that easy. And they are certainly the ones who initiate it. All I am dong is responding to the unnecessary attacks and insults. I will not stand to be bashed and attacked on something that I realize now…these attackers have little knowledge about.

Really? Even when I point out that we agree, you continue with the personal attacks??? You’re a real piece of work.

What part of…

…was unclear to you?

You know what’s funny? You and I used to agree on just about everything. Then one say we had a difference of opinion and you’ve been attacking me every chance you get. You hold a grudge worse than anyone else I know. Even when I offered you a mea culpa in another discussion, you kept insulting me because I didn’t kiss your ring.

I’ve extended an olive branch to you on several occasions, but even when I offer a self-deprecating apology, you just pile on.

I get it. You’re one of the popular kids and I’m an outsider. Just look at the likes you got when you (quite ironically) piled on to my self-deprecating admission and added insult to self-injury:

Capture

You really are a piece of work.

@cdaquila has singled us all out at times when it was appropriate. Try not to take it personally when it happens to you, because when it happens to you, there is a reason.

2 Likes

Great! Now you should understand why I should have the freedom to do what I do.

This nicely summarizes the reason for your less-than-hospitable reception here…

2 Likes

Less than hospital from the start…begets less than hospital.

You need to realize you’ve, in effect, walked into a room of strangers, tossed out some strong opinions, and now don’t like the reception. That’s unreasonable.

5 Likes

I know you may find this hard to believe, but it my estimation, what you wrote earlier wasn’t clear enough

If I’m a piece of work, I’d be honored to be the Mona Lisa

You’re proving EXACTLY what I was saying earlier . . .

In the absence of seeing you, hearing you, catching body language and so forth . . . misunderstandings and such things are inevitable on the internet

If you feel I was attacking you, I don’t know what to say

I thought some of what I said was very biting, but true . . . of BOTH of us

Yes, Whitey, as you yourself acknowledged, you too can rub people the wrong way

I know I am often that way . . . I would never pretend that I was perfect

That’s the whole thing with the frog and the scorpion

I was poking fun at things . . . I, for one, thought it was funny

And I can laugh at myself from time to time :smiley:

I know it’s healthy to do that once in awhile

I may not be a genius, but I know at least that much

I’m not entirely sure, but I do believe I know what you’re referring to. And If I’m right about that particular discussion, I recall that it was more like I didn’t want to agree with you about a certain public persona. Keep in mind I wasn’t praising that public persona or his actions, either. I merely didn’t feel like calling him or his actions bad on this website.

For example . . . JK Rowlings. A very popular author who apparently made some comments which were offensive. I didn’t read them, by the way. I only know what credible media has reported. Yet I don’t feel a need to join in any discussion which is attacking her. A person can have his opinions but take no actions and say nothing. It’s a free country.

Popular kids, huh . . . ?!

Once again, you’ve proven that when faceless strangers talk on the internet, there’s a lot that can’t be discerned

I won’t say you’ve got it ALL wrong . . . but you’re way off the mark on many of your deductions

As for the “likes” . . . it sure beat the earlier system, where people could anonymously “hurt” others

I predict @cdaquila will shut this down in short order :smile

I have not seen any content where others (who have been insulting from the start) have been addressed. And I am sure there is a reason for singling me out. And we will leave it at that.

And now I’m going to single out @Whitey, too, to leave the @db4690 stuff alone. Update: it’s not singling out when I also ask @db4690 to stop with their little scrap.

@Rick-Woodbury I’m not actually picking on you. I am asking again that you not insult people (minions), and I’m advising you to drop the issue about car buying. You guys just disagree. Truly, I want more people around here, and I’m trying to give you advice.

How is it that a thread ostensibly about why we don’t have more regular members turning into an internal argument?

3 Likes

Oh, come on, @cdaquila. I’m being trolled and bullied by someone who is attacking me for being a troll when I wasn’t even trolling in the first place. I was on my best behavior when this whole thing broke out.

do you see the irony gif

Opinions are opinions. But facts are facts. I never argue with opinions…and have stated that profusely time and time again. Your opinion should be accepted and respected, as should mine. But when I know the facts, and have the true experience on what I am talking about…you will get pushback from me. And this is especially so, if I find you to be just a naysayer for the sake of naysaying…with little or no knowledge to what I am talking about.

I do acknowledge that, and I was really only limiting my comment to the recent exchange. It’s Saturday night and my brain is melting, but I wouldn’t call what happened trolling or bullying. I’m not extrapolating anything beyond asking for the sniping to stop. Db did misread what you said, but you did respond when he escalated.

Sort of as a theme here, it takes two to carry these things on, and nothing is proved by asking me to get down on a mat and declare a winner.

That said, I was happy to see you back. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So we shall, what is the malarky about aliases?

1 Like

@Barkydog I made a typo. I wanted the sniping to stop. Oops. But the aliases was a theory put forth by Rick.