Car's engine warning light

My car is a 2005 Mazda-RX sport. It was parked outside in the -14C Celsius and towed away to the next street .I now notice, for the first time, that the engine warning light is on constantly as I drove it today.Yesterday, it was the TCS/DSC light that was on constantly but that was not the case today!According to car’s manual it could be either the engine’s electrical system or exhaust gas cleaning system. It also recommended that I should drive it slowly and take it to a Mazda dealer immediately. Needless to say that while driving it today at top speed engine sounded perfectly Ok!Waht could be the actual problem ,if any, and what should I do?

The manual says to drive the car slowly when this light is on, but you decided to drive it “at top speed”? Hmmmm…

Anyway, nobody can tell you from a distance exactly what malfunction(s) might be causing the CEL to illuminate. You need to have the stored trouble codes read (free-of-charge) at an auto parts retailer. Most Auto Zone, Advance Auto, O’Reilly, and some Napa retailers will do this for you.

Once you have the code(s), in a format similar to "P0123, then you can come back to this thread, and post the code(s) for more specific advice.

Do they have Autozones or O’Reilley’s in your country? If not, see if an auto parts store near you will read the codes for free. Most codes have to do with emissions. The light should be called a “Check Emissions Light”. There is a good possibility that the towing has something to do with it. Perhaps it set a code due to gas sloshing in the tank. Hey, if a loose gas cap can set a code, maybe sloshing with the key off can too. I know filling the tank with the engine running (not a good idea at all} can set the gas cap code.