I recently bought a 2001 pontiac grand am which needs a new radio so I got a aftermarket radio to install went to install it found out I had the wrong harness so I went to start my car after reinstalling old radio and the car turns over but won’t fire ive been reading up and it all seems to come back to the anti theft how do I disable it?
- Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
- Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON. (Bump the key to START but don’t start the engine)
- Observe the Security telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
- Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles (30 minutes). The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to START.
IMPORTANT: Don’t forget the final step 4 before you try to start the car. The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to START. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
If it was quick and easy, it wouldn’t be much of an anti-theft.