Car won’t turn over

The problem was failure to crank. A crankshaft position sensor has no role in that.

1 Like

It’s does in a 2013 Hyundai Elantra…my mechanic towed my car for free to the dealership…where they said it was a crankshaft sensor and wanted to charge me $400…I went ahead and got the car home and just took the old sensor out…bought the factory made Hyundai sensor and gonna install it…supposively this model Hyundai is very picky with aftermarket sensors and the mechanic there told me not often some model vechicles won’t crank if the sensor is bad as a safety precaution.

I plan to At least take the old sensor back to the mechanic and try and get some money I know that I probably won’t get the labor but that’s the least he could do

Sorry for making so may post, but just wanted to add that the reason my mechanic towed it to Hyundai dealership is because he thought it might be a computer issue and said only they could work on that…Hyundai then said know it’s just the sensor and that he probably just put on a aftermarket sensor.

Hyundai doesn’t make crank sensors or any other sensors.

They’re purchased from an aftermarket supplier.

Tester