Car will not respond to acceleration after slowdown and turn

My 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 just recently would not respond to the accelerator pedal after I coasted down to a turn made the turn. The engine did not cut off. The tach stayed at about 1200 rpm’s. When I punched the accelerator pedal hard the vehicle responded and went back to normal. It has done this on three occasions, always after a slowdown and turn. Any suggestions?

I would start by cleaning the throttle body, as the throttle plate may be sticking.
If that does not work, then you might want to look at the Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF).

This can happen if the pick-up sock at the bottom of the fuel pump assembly breaks off or becomes disconnected from the fuel pump.

When a turn is made, the sloshing gas causes the pick-up sock to move in front of the fuel pump inlet. This causes a reduction of fuel volume to the engine where no power is made when the accelerator is depressed. Once the turn is made, the gas sloshes back and the pick-up sock moves out of the way of the fuel pump inlet. This then allows the full volume of gas to the engine and the engine accelerates normally.

Tester

Isn’t this vehicle still under warranty? If so I would want to have this kind of thing is documented and handled by the dealer if it is their responsibility. If VDC is right they might just say it is a wear and tear/non warranty issue. If Tester is right there is no way that you should have to pay for fuel pump work. And if it is neither of those things I’d at least want the complaint documented w/ Dodge in the event that it is something else.

Of course, all of that is mostly assuming that it is still under warranty.

Thanks. I’ll take it to the dealer with this question. The car only has 18000 miles on it and is still under warranty until Feb 2010.