Car Seat Problems on My '99 Chevy Malibu

Hi,

I have a problem with both of my passenger seats on my 1999 Chevy Malibu. The dtiver seat (back support) does not recline back and forth at all and the passenger seat is loose - meaning it does’t stay in an uprite postition.

What do you think is the problem and what should I do about it?

Thank you.

The drivers seat problem sounds like it is with the recliner mechanism (look at a exploded view). The passsenger side seat failure description is to vague to give a opinion on what could be the cause.

First check the cable on the drivers side,maybe it broke or came loose.

We had many seat recliner mechanism replacements with S-10’s and S-Blazers (campaing level) but not so much with the Malibu.

GM has had so much trouble with seats and seal belts over the past 20 yrs or so,what a easy area to get it right on,come on a campaing over seat function,how lame.

I am having the same problem with the driver seat in my 1999 Malibu. The seat is reclined and won’t come back up. I have to take the seat out to see the problem. Is a spring or cable issue a majority of the time?

Febreze09, can I contact you to see how you fixed your problem. I am having the same issue on my malibu.