Car parked right against our rear bumper in driveway

If a parking pawl was used to hold the weight of two cars on a hill, I’d be a little worried about damage to it. Apparently you’re not. Let’s agree to disagree.

Story about a park pawl. I put a turbo 350 in a 65 GMC 1/2 ton pickuk I had. Because I had some rear mount fabrication I had to do without a parking brake for a while. Well I was using the truck to pull a tilt bed dump trailer and I went to the pit to pick up some AB for my driveway. The pit put 3 yards of AB in the box and sent me on my way, but he had too much weight towards the rear. The pit was at the bottom of a steep 100 yard access road. I got up some good speed (because I knew I would need it to get out of the pit). Well I did not make it to the top and that trailer pulled me backwards down the hill about a third of the way. I managed to stop the truck with the brakes but there I sat, I could not go up and I knew I needed to walk to the pit and get someone to tow me up the hill.Now we get to the park pawl part. I had no parking brake, I had to do it, I left that truck,trailer and the 3 yards of AB on the hill,all held by the park pawl on that Turbo 350, it held.

That’s what it looks like. I think she was also expecting Tom and Ray based on the wording of the question, and look what she got :stuck_out_tongue:

Funny thing is, I have a short driveway (maybe 40’ at the most) and three vehicles to park in it, plus guests from time to time. I regularly park my cars in just this manner, bumpers touching, to prevent having a car hanging out into the road. My guests do the same thing. We all know it hurts nothing.

Sorry, I missed that in my desire to make a silly post.

Regardless, the mother has issues with the step-daughter, and is looking for ammunition to have a fight. It’s a lack of respect issue, and she shouldn’t get anyone involved that is outside that family.

Any problem that car has from now on, she is going to blame on the step-daughter.

I’ve seen it countless times.

BC.

Well, if your car moved backwards an inch when she backed away you should thank her for taking pressure off of your drivetrain for those few hours. She definitely did good for your vehicle while putting stress on her drivetrain.

transman

You guys don’t get it. The cars were smooching.Went right over your heads.

If the front of the stepdaughter’s car was touching the back of the stepmother’s car, only one of the cars was doing any smooching. Yuck!!!