Car of future

OK, I’ll take you at face value - if you want to know why this hasn’t become available, it’s probably because it doesn’t work. From what little I can gather, it seems like the ‘inventor’ figured out a way to totally drain the mower’s battery, maybe by getting rid of a built-in shut-down relay. That’s nothing special, nor is it a good way to treat batteries. If there’s something else to it, we can’t tell from the little information provided. Videos like this are a dime a dozen on Youtube, all of them making claims that fall apart when carefully examined.

Blade, I guess so. Grass no!

Finally an honest answer! But my electric lawn mover has no “built-in shut-down relay” another good guess. Makes sense but reading does not seem to be anyone’s strong suit. Quote “This battery pack is and can be drained to 00 volts and 0 amps without being damaged already having 215 plus cycles under its belt and two years of Testing.” But nice try! I think the world economy has more to do with it!

I can’t make any promises, but the way technology is heading, I wouldn’t doubt it. I mean you can buy a Civic with optional navigation system for crying out Glavin. With some higher end cars having radar built into them and they control the distances between your car and the one in front of you with cruise control on.
Combine the 2, add some fancy high tech gear, and one will never have to drive again

Why do you come across like a salesman? OK, I’ll amend my answer, strike the ‘drain the battery’ part (even though that’s the only technical claim made).

IT DOES NOT WORK

Show me any actual technical information, I’ll reconsider.

1 Like

Finally an honest answer! But my electric lawn mover has no “built-in shut-down relay” another good guess. Makes sense but reading does not seem to be anyone’s strong suit.
I jumped in a little late and was interested to see where this discussion went. I must admit, that understanding your posts do to your grammar and sarcasm is not my strongest suit.

I have the same data you now have, I look for answer, you just guess!
It’s a puzzle, reading the data helps answer this puzzle! I hear no one
stating theory on how, no laws of physics on how or any other logic or reason
given by anyone through out this discussion You can not just guess when it contradict his data! He makes only one claim to use all the available stored energy in this battery pack that is all!!! “Show me any actual technical information, I’ll reconsider.” You admitt you do not kmow then all you can do is guess !

There is no ‘data’, only claims. Making claims means nothing. That a lawnmower runs for 3 hours is not data. His only claim is to fully discharge a battery. Nothing special in that, except (contrary to his claims, but well known to people dealing with batteries) fully discharging batteries is bad for them. There’s nothing here, why do you think there is? A description of what new idea is being used is totally missing.

I hear no one stating theory…

Perhaps you should try reading instead of listening.

First you wanted facts, now you want theories. Will you please make up your mind?

1 Like

Is this thing a hybrid battery pack?accumulator plus capacitor? do they have the battery discharge chemistry problems solved? sounds pretty interesting if on the level-Kevin

What is the claimed advantage of this? Drain more energy from a battery? What kind of battery, to what purpose? If you drain more energy, you have to put more in. Why bother?

Without information on the energy density of the battery and some sort of cost, weight and size information there seems to be no need for this magic product.

Now you don?t remember the size 5 x 5 x 5 inches (a perfect cube).
Now it’s magic good guess. Smaller (means less weight), it?s able to store more energy, not hard to figure that one!

I have the same data you now have, I look for answer, you just guess!

Your logic is flawed. You CAN’T possibly find the answer IF there is no data.

I hear no one
stating theory on how, no laws of physics on how or any other logic or reason
given by anyone through out this discussion

There is no data to for anyone to discuss. How can anyone come up with a theory on NO data.

I’m still waiting on a answer to “What vested interest you have in this???” Your posts are EXTREMELY difficult to read. Please use more punctuation.

“data” is just saying/writing what happened. now this “data” is somewhat like a piece of sheetmetal. legit “data” is nice and flat and isn’t bent. but you can take that “data” and bend it, and shape to make it whatever you want. maybe a box to hold things. it can also get warped out of human error.

“MIT does a lot of testing on new/different technology. Not to prove it works…but to prove it DOESN’T work.”

No way. If that’s how they operated, the no one would or should pay attention to them. MIT and other impartial testers do so to see [b]if[/b] something works. Repeated testing determines the range of results and the outcome should have little to nothing to do with test methodology. What is important is that the test simulates a known process. In this case, the mower could have mowed a lawn before modification and then afterwards to see how the usage time changed, given virtually identical lawn conditions. They could also put two otherwise identical mowers in the garage and watched them as was done in the video. The test was not valid because it did not simulate a real usage pattern or any identical usage pattern.

The test means very little. There is nothing to compare it to. If an unmodified factory mower had gone through the same test, there would be something to compare the modified mower to. If the test involved mowing the lawn and an unmodified mower did exactly the same job under the same conditions, ther would be something to comapare it to. I have a little data for you:

What’s it all mean?

Any experiment has a controlled comparison, usually administered at the same time. I think the point is well taken that a controlled experiment without the device under the same conditions is not part of the presentation, giving the entire exercise little validity.
BTW, such a device would garner so much interest from fossil fuel distributors, you’d probably be swimming in cash, just to keep it under wraps. At the very least, you could then afford to hire someone to edit out such comments as Smaller (means less weight). That’s enough to make any scientist cringe or any hot air balloon enthusiast doubtful about his next trip.

I watched the video, what a waste of time. If that video is proof, then I have mower that can run as long as you want on a single charge.

Show mower, show blade, show clock, start mower, fade. Come back week later show mower running, fade come back month later show mower running, fade come back a year later show mower running.

There I can show a mower running for a whole year on a single charge, take my word for it I didn’t recharge it, I never turned if off and back on again, I didn’t change the time. You only have to take my word for it I’m honest.

Yea right.

P.T. Barnum was right.

1 Like

If you truly watch the video then you saw both the clock and the time
stamp in the video recorder ???