Car not running right

My car is running funny!! When I put it in drive it takes it awhile to get ging like it isn’t getting enough gas. Once I hit about 40 it get a burstof energy (lol) and will go no problems. But when I rev it up, it goes to 3000 rpms with no get up and go. I was wondering if it could be the fuel filter (clogged)? It is a 2002 Chevy Impala, with 163000 miles, bought used 2 1/2 years ago, don’t know if the fuel filter was ever replaced.

I’d start with replacing the fuel filter. Then after that, you need to put a pressure gage on the fuel rail and see if you’re getting proper fuel pressure. Your symptoms point to a fuel related issue. But…it could be a lot of other things as well.

Is it an automatic or manual transmission? If manual it likely is the clutch. If auto there could be a problem with the transmission. Has the transmission fluid ever been changed? How long ago was the last change?

I doubt if it is the fuel filter, but I can’t rule it out. If you don’t know when it was last replaced (along with the oil, transmission fluid brake fluid oil filter air filter etc) they all should be done now aloing with spark plugs and wires. Get caught up will all the recommended maintenance. It is cheaper than letting it go.

My 2003 Impala was doing the same thing…I tried Fuel injector cleaner…didn’t seem to work. Then, 6 weeks later, problem stopped…however, new problem immediately took its place. Idle speed too low, and car wants to stall when at lights or in traffic…I have to use the left foot brake, right foot gas method…otherwise, car runs great!