Car not accelerating over 95 anymore

I hate to point out the obvious to you about your gun analogy, but here goes:

As a gunsmith, if ANYONE brings a gun to you that needs to be repaired, how do you determine if the guy with the gun is an upstanding citizen, or if he’s a psychopath? There’s no way to tell who’s going to use the gun to rob a liquor store, or kill an intruder in their own home.

If the one guy tells you he’s planning on killing a crowd of innocent people, and you tell him you won’t fix his gun, how do you know you won’t be his first victim, right then and there. Fix his gun, and as he leaves the shop, call the cops, and tell him where he is, and what his intentions are.

Its not your job to spread your version of morals around the place, and determine who has the right to do whatever you like or not do whatever you don’t like.

You’ve made yourself out to be an internet stalker on here.
You creep me out way more than Camaro Boy doing 95 on a highway.

BC.

This guy isn’t a troll. He’s an idiot. The research into his other online Camaro-related activities proves it. He’s not trying to piss us off. He’s genuinely asking us to tell him how to reach triple-digit speeds on Main Street. Starve the trolls - berate the idiots :wink:

You came to a site that provides FREE advice and assistance, admit you drive in an extremely unsafe manner that puts me or others at risk and are upset when we have a problem? how about you go ask on a muscle car/bone head forum instead of telling us to vent elsewhere.

and what does saying “Don’t feed the trolls” do?

If you had read this thread and clicked on the links provided, you would see that this guy is the real deal.

“Don’t feed the trolls” is right up there with comparing someone to Hitler and saying “Mwuhaha”. It’s so 90’s.

Poodle Shooter; do you use your guns to shoot poodles? Anyway, street racing is illegal, speeding is illegal. Owning a high powered Camaro is legal.

Owning a gun is legal, even owning a pistol with a 30 round clip is legal. Killing someone with your gun is illegal.

You want to make cars that go over 75 illegal? Do you want your gun that shoots more than 1 round at a time illegal? Because guns are used in crimes should guns be illegal?

You gotta have your priorities in order, and it is extremely important to have a humongous, gaudy, $250 tachometer with a giant shift light attached to it on a car that came from the factory with full instrumentation, including a tachometer, and an automatic transmission. It’s very important for fitting in with the other “midnight club” boys and their Hondas. The oil pressure gauge is optional. You know how to tell if you have enough oil pressure? If the engine starts to knock, then you probably need to check into a possible oil pressure issue. At least he has something on the dash to blind the heck out of him every time his AUTOMATIC transmission is about to upshift.

You may notice that I did address some possibilities as to what could be wrong with the car. You may also notice that I did it in a manner so as to discourage the OP from this boneheaded activity of trying to race on the streets and achieve triple digit speeds for the sake of passing someone on the highway. There seems to be rampant ignorance among people that driving a car extremely hard will actually decrease the vehicle’s lifespan and mechanical reliability. Hopefully Camaro boy will puke his tranny or burn a hole in a piston real soon and take him and his fast car off the road for a while while he comes up with a few grand to fix what he destroyed.

This is the wrong forum to admit that.  Unless you drive like a granny, these people will just harass you for it and not give you a straight answer.

Anyway, my guesstimate would be possibly you floated the valves, and perhaps a valve burnt at that point.  This would cause low compression, and cut your top-end power (it would actually cut power across the board but probably not so noticeably.)  But....

I would also recommend just going to Autozone or something and having them hook up their code reader.  Even if the check engine light is not set, a 2002 should set a code for anything that'd reduce power that drastically.  The code won't straight up tell you what's wrong, but it will give a hint at least -- if it's a lean code, then check the fuel filter and such.  If it's a misfire code, plugs and wires.  And so on.
 It's not.  The ramps here are nowhere near long enough to get to a safe speed in a vehicle that slow.  Also, with high altitudes and hills, a vehicle that tops at 75 is suddenly going about 35MPH, which is also unsafe.

@Bladecutter:

“As a gunsmith, if ANYONE brings a gun to you that needs to be repaired, how do you determine if the guy with the gun is an upstanding citizen, or if he’s a psychopath? There’s no way to tell who’s going to use the gun to rob a liquor store, or kill an intruder in their own home.”

Ah, Bladecutter. You did a poor job of reading my post (you clearly missed this part: “if you were a gunsmith (and before anyone gets started, I am very pro-gun) and someone brought you a gun that was malfunctioning and said ‘I like to use this gun occasionally to commit crimes that have a good chance of killing innocent bystanders’ would you fix the gun for him? Do you want to be the guy who helps our streetracer young Brandon to, in his own words, ‘[get] on it a bit and hit 125-130 at least’”?

“If the one guy tells you he’s planning on killing a crowd of innocent people, and you tell him you won’t fix his gun, how do you know you won’t be his first victim, right then and there.” Umm, I don’t know… because his gun doesn’t work and I’m a gunsmith and have a gun that does work? Because I have his gun in my hand?

Please go back and read the entire thread.

“You’ve made yourself out to be an internet stalker on here.”

Not very cordial, are you? “Stalker” is such an ugly word.

“You creep me out way more than Camaro Boy doing 95 on a highway.”

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but once you’ve read the whole thread you will see that this mid-20s lad with the broken oil pressure gauge is asking for help to make his car go at least 130 mph.

Please read the entire thread.

I’ll bet the cops just LOVE your constant calls… 911 on speed dial… is the number too long to just dial it?

Harass away, I was young and stupid once with an mgb-gt, got up to 120 before you had to hit the last gear. Maybe you need a new fuel filter, air filter or plugs. PS I can’t drive 95, wasn’t that a song?

Uncle Turbo,

What part of “before anyone gets started, I am very pro-gun” do you not understand?

What part of “I’m not for the kind of regulation you mention” do you not understand?

As to my handle, no, I have no interest in shooting poodles. Poodleshooter is what we called the M-16 when I was serving my country.

As to the “30 round clip” you’d be hard-pressed to find one. Thirty round magazines are another matter.

“Do you want your gun that shoots more than 1 round at a time illegal?”

I’d be interested to see a gun that shoots more than one round at a time. I know we had them back in Civil War days. Perhaps you mean a semi-automatic, I don’t know, but you didn’t express your point very well.

“Anyway, street racing is illegal”

So you agree anyone who knowingly helps this lad get back in the street racing game is aiding someone in an illegal activity? I’m not saying it, I’m asking it.

Chill out, read the entire thread, maybe crack a beer.

Actually anyone who has a cell phone has 911 on speed dial. Just hold down 9. Actually the police in my area love people like me. In the last ten years, I have turned in and followed until police caught up and pulled over 6 DUI’s. What do you do for your community?

If you look again at his Youtube page, on the left side, below the video, you will see a list of his previous rides. Apparently money is as much an issue as safety for this fine young fellow. He has worked his way through the following vehicles in his short life:

"My Vehciles[sic]:

2002 Camaro Z28/SS clone

Previously owned:
1995 Camaro 3.4L - modded
1996 Camaro Z28 - mostly bolt ons
1998 Chevy Z71 - lifted."

brandonsveit has left the building so I guess his feelings got hurt.

I cannot think of the correct phrase but it’s similiar to “Brandonsveit is educated beyond his intelligence”. Modify it to fit in your own words.

Wow, political correctness runs rampant. Now under discussion I should not be able to have anyone fix my AK 45, and I cannot fix my car to run over 95. Sure it is all a matter of degree, but when someone else decides what is right for you PC rules. Why not make it so no car can go over 75, Is that the world you want? That would be Politically correct, along with people only having the ability to buy rubber bullets.

Tejas, huh? That’s that big place that’s on the border with Mejico, right?

PC rules would say " aww what the heck leave him alone he says he’s a good driver. He’s not hurting anyone." I think what a majority of us are saying (or maybe it’s just me) is we are not going to knowingly help someone break the law and endanger others. You tell me your intentions are to go 140 through the traps, I’ll do my best to help you achieve that goal. No I don’t believe in more regulations, just enforcement of the law. Don’t like the law? Get it changed.

If you say you plan on using it to commit a crime where innocent people might get killed, like our young Brandon, then the answer is “no” for both the gun and the car. You clearly missed the part where young Brandon talked about using his car to commit crimes where innocent people might get killed. Please do read the entire thread and click on the link about people killed by street racers. No one tapped you on the knee with a rubber hammer, so can the reflexes, settle down, crack a beer, and read the entire thread. Please.

I’m going to cut you some slack and assume that somewhere there is a gun called the “AK 45”.

"PS I can’t drive 95, wasn’t that a song?"
That was “I can’t drive 55”. Definitely applicable – I think in the song he ultimately lost his license for speeding.