2003 Chevy Impala can't accelerate... Help Please!?

It does fine when I first start it when I’m climbing up to 35 mph, after a while, especially as the day goes on and it gets hotter, it has trouble accelerating… It sounds like it’s grinding… once it passes 65 it’s fine… The air conditioner also died… My mechanic can’t find what’s wrong; he says the transmission and the gas systems are fine; he hooked it up to that machine but the machine says the car is fine. At times when I’m stepping on the gas trying to get it to go, the check engine like turns on and stays steady, but next time I drive the car, it’s off. It is due for an oil change and the change oil lights up, but my mechanic saw that and he didn’t mention that was it… Please help… anyone!!! This morning the check engine light stayed on and I had trouble accelerating from the start.

I’m thinking of trading it in even though I know i’ll have negative equity w/ the trade in. =(

Hi there!

OK4450 responded to your previous post on this. He suggested that you stop at an Autozone or other shop (many Kragens, etc) and ask to have the codes read. (They do this for free.) Write down the results and post them here. Get the actual code numbers please.

Some mechanics arent really. Go to somebody else’s mechanic.