Car loses acceleration but not power while driving

I need some help myself. I have a 1999 Chevy Tahoe automatic transmission and it sounds like when you’re getting on it it’s really going somewhere but it’s like something is holding it back and don’t want to go like something is stopped up or clogged lacking fuel I’m not sure what it is can someone help me?

please begin a new thread with your questions about your vehicle. This will help avoid confusion with the original post, and will help more folks actually see your questions.

HelpDross, did you ever find out what was causing the problem and get it fixed? My 98 Prizm is doing about the same thing yours did and I can’t figure out what is causing the problem.
Thanks John

I suspect Dross (Diana Ross?) is long gone from this forum. But you could try the above suggestions. If it is the transmission chances are the repair will exceed the value of the car. Kelly Blue Book lists trade in at $700 maximum

None of the suggestions have located the problem. That is why I asked if her car had been fixed.

Okay, so you have ruled out both transmission AND exhaust restrictions.
Then it is either internal engine problem, what are compression readings?
Or fuel delivery, how much pressure is the fuel pump putting out?
Nor showing any codes, correct?

I can’t say that I have ruled out much of anything yet. It’s just that I have not found the cause. The cat. is a good possibility but I’m not done testing that out.
I have my own thread going that is a few days old, but I’m not sure how to provide a link to it. You may find it by looking for something like: 1998chevy prism random loss of engine power.
Thanks for your help here.

I used the forum search feature, that icon upper right that looks like a magnifying glass.

It’s a ground wire .

Which one Richard and who are you replying to on this old thread with multiple people on it.

I came across this post looking for similar issues. I have an 08 Sedona. It ran fine till I took it for an oil change. I left and the alt indicator lights came on, but had it changed within a year. I went back and they said oil leaked from the manifold and got into the alt. I also had them replace the spark plugs while they were replacing the gaskets.
A day later after driving in traffic. When I accelerate quickly the accelerator will cut out. The engine is still running, the van will also cruise on its own at around 25mph (again no accelerator), enough to pull over, I shut the engine off, restart it and can go. It will drive at slow speeds but when I press the accelerator to pick up speed it’ll cut out.
This sounds like what lady who initially posted had, but see no resolution.

Finished with with the repair shop. issue has to do with the throttle body based on codes and symptoms.
Solution 1st is clean it. and reset codes. its the easiest and cheapest fix $0 for me.
For me cleaning was a first step since they had the car apart for the above repairs and could have gotten dirt in it.
Other possibilities is a sensor to it or the throttle body itself, or even the gas pedal (some electronic relay).
For the Sedona; replacing the sensor and replacing the throttle body is the same thing, as the sensor is built into it.
May be this will help some one down the road.