Car locks

I HAVE A 1996 BUICK REGAL. LAST YEAR ONE OF THE DOORS WOULDN’T CLOSE I TOOK IT IN FOR REPAIR AND AFTER $100 MY DOOR CLOSED. THEY SAID IT WAS DIRT IN THE LOCK THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. WELL IT HAPPENED AGAIN AND I TRYED TO FIX IT BY CLEANING IT AND IN THE PROCESS TWO OTHER DOORS NOW WON’T CLOSE. I DON’T BELIEVE THAT DIRT WAS THE PROBLEM ALL THREE DOORS ARE SET IN THE LOCKED POSITION SO I CANNOT CLOSE THE DOOR.I BELIEVE THAT IT IS PROBLY A SIMPLE PROBLEM BUT I DON’T HAVE A CLUE. I WOULD WELCOME SUGESTIONS OF WHAT TO DO OR WHO TO CONTACT FOR REPAIRS.

Basically you have to hold the door handle in the open position and then move the thingamajig that is blocking the door from closing and would normally hold the door shut. It may be rather stiff.

BTW the use of ALL CAPS is considered shouting and most people find it hard to read. Neither of those things will help you get your questions answered. :slight_smile:

Agree; Caps are used for beginning words, proper nouns (all nouns in German) and for emphasis only!

I agree with Mr. Meehan. Hold the outside door handle in the open position and move the door latch located at the end of the door to the open position. You might want to use a screwdriver or similar to move the latch instead of your fingers.

Here is a picture of the door from the Autozone website

http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/0e/e4/f2/0900823d800ee4f2/repairInfoPages.htm

Click on figure 1, the door latch is View B in the diagram. Basically you want to move the latch so the slot is open enabling the door to close.

Ed B.