Repair on door locks

WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM? I HAVE THREE OPEN DOORS ON MY CAR WITH THE LOCKS IN LOCK POSITION. SO I’AM UNABLE TO SHUT THE DOORS. DO I NEED TO GO TO THE DEALER? LAST YEAR I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ON ONE DOOR TOOK IT IN AND HAD IT FIXED. IT HAPPENED AGAIN AND I TRYED TO CLEAN THE LOCK ONLY TO END UP WITH 3 LOCKS IN THE LOCK POSITION WITH THE DOORS OPEN. CAN’T DRIVE THE CAR.

What kind of car are we talking about

I assume you tried defrosting them?

BUICK REGAL 1996 I JUST CAN’T GET THE LOCK OUT OF THE LOCK POSITION SO I COULD SHUT THE DOORS.

YES, AND I OILED THEM. I AM THINKING IT MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING WITH PROGRAMING FOR CHILD LOCKS.

are they manual locking doors or power locks?

THE FIRST TIME IT HAPPENED THE REPAIR GUY SAID IT WAS DIRT IN THE LOCK. BUT I DON’T THINK IT WAS DIRT. AS I TRYED TO FIX THE THE PASENGERS SIDE DOOR I LOOKED AT THE DRIVERS SIDE DOOR LOCK SOON I COULDN’T CLOSE THAT DOOR. THAT WASN’T ENOUGH I CHECKED OUT THE LEFT BACK DOOR LOCK ONLY TO HAVE THAT LOCK AND REFUSE TO OPEN. I CAN’T BELEIVE I GOT IN SUCH A MESS.

POWER LOCKS BUT I CAN USE A KEY.

Have you tried any of the suggestions from your other post?

Ed B.

Do you mean the “latch” on the door? The latch that locks in place to keep the door closed?

If this is what you are talking about I can tell you how to open the latch, it’s easy to do.

I was waiting for a reply but I’ll just post the fix in hope that it will be the right fix.

Open the door, hold the outside door handle in the release position. Now using a pencil, stick the pencil into the latch where the post on the door frame would go. Pull the latch open with the pencil.

Hopes this helps.

THANKS, THAT IS THE PROBLEM. MY HUSBAND WENT OUT TO THE GARAGE AND FIXED ALL THREE DOORS. YOU CERTAINLY WERE A GOD SENT.
BLESSINGS
JOAN BURKE

SORRY I MESSED UP AND LOST MY OTHER POST SO I POSTED AGAIN. SORRY IF IT CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS

Glad I could help.

Damn! You’re good Willey. Nice call.