Car door not unlocking on one side

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8 L base model
I got My driver passenger door window regulator and motor replaced. Now ever since i am not able to unlock the door with my key fob or by the controls on the doors at all. Only if I actually go inside and unlock it myself. Anyone have any idea what this is or how i can fix it? Yeah I know take it back to where i got it fixed but i want to see if anyone has any idea. Please and thank you…
REPLACED DUE TO: Window was not staying up it would fall down on its own halfway but would be able to roll down just not up with controls. Told me it was a wire connected to the regulator so they replaced regulator And motor.

The door lock motor either got disconnected during the regulator replacement or the wires got damaged. Take it back to the shop.

2 Likes

Suggest to explain why the window regulator and motor were replaced? What were the symptoms? Also explain, specifically what do you to unlock the door now? Do you enter the car from the driver’s side, then reach over to the passenger side and unlock the passenger side by pressing a switch? Lifting up on a lever? Or what? The way you open it now will provide some clues as to what the problem is.

Hello sorry yes I have to actually go into the car and go to that door to unlock it myself with the lever, it will not lock whatsoever with the key fob or door controls. The reason why it was replaced was because my window would keep falling down by itself half way and wouldn’t go up with the controls I would have to physically pull it up. It would go down with the controls though. Hope that helps

Thanks for clarification. Given what you say, it sounds like the door lock actuator has become disconnected from the wiring harness (or damaged), & @Mustangman 's post above seems like pretty good approach. If you want to do something youself, open that door & take a look at the wires in the door hinge area for that door. See any broken wires or wires with the insulation rubbed off?