Car doesn’t crank

Hey guys I have just replaced the clutch and flywheel on my 1993 Honda prelude h22a and I’ve replaced the battery and starter. I’ve replaced the distributor about a year ago, my sparks plugs are in good condition and my car doesn’t start I’ve made sure all grounds are where they are suppose to be but it still dosnt start . Does anyone have any clue on what could be the problem ?

There’s two definitions for that term.

You turn the key and nothing happens.

You turn the key, the engine turns over but the engine doesn’t fire up.

Tester

1 Like

I turn the key and nothing happens

There may be a problem with the clutch pedal inter-lock switch.

Unplug the electrical connector to the switch and insert a jumper wire in the connector.

If the engine cranks over, replace the switch.

Tester

I found out it was disconnected. And when I connected it nothing happened still so I Connect the two terminal posts of the starter solenoid with a screwdriver and it just kept cranking usually it would start up but now I did nothing . And yes the key was in ignition

But was the key turned to the on position?

3 Likes

A spray of starter fluid into the air intake will give a moment of starting/running if there’s spark. If you get that result, it’s probably a fuel delivery problem. Do you hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds each time you turn the key to Run (not all the way to Start)?

1 Like

Yes I hear fuel pump loud and clear ima try spraying some starting fluid .

Starting fluid didn’t help . And when I turn the key nothing happens still. And all my interior accessories turn on . But still won’t crank