Camber Out of Spec, but No Accident?

I have a 2014 Acura TSX with about 115k miles on it. 3rd owner.

An alignment was done by the first owner in 2019.
Everything was in specification after the alignment except for
Left Rear Camber = -1.7 degrees
Right Rear Camber = -1.5 degrees

I recently got an alignment at a shop.
Everything is in specification except for
Right Front Camber = -0.5 degrees
Left Rear Camber = -1.9 degrees
Right Rear Camber = -1.9 degrees

I replaced the right front knuckle a few months back.

Camber is not adjustable on this car from the factory. The specifications for camber are:
Front: 0.00’ +/- 30’
Rear: -1.00’ +/- 30’ (Maximum difference between the right and left side: 0.30’)

I know the second owner, and they never got into an accident in the car. They got the car as a used car when it was 1 years old, and have no knowledge of the car getting into an accident. We have never gotten in an accident as the 3rd owner. Looking at the car, I see no bent suspension components, the panels are not misaligned, and there’s no evidence of any previous collisions. So I’m a bit confused how Camber could be out of specification if the car has never been in an accident. I don’t believe there’s any aftermarket hardware installed to adjust camber. What gives?

If I were to want to adjust camber in this car, is there anyway for me to do it? I know there are camber offset bolts in McPherson shock setups, but this car has a short arm long arm setup. So I’m not sure how could install aftermarket hardware so that way camber could be adjustable. Any ideas on what I could use to make camber adjustable on this car?

My tires are wearing out, and will need to get new ones soon. Worried that the camber being out of specification will result in new tires wearing out sooner.

Likely the rear sagged a bit before you bought it and sagged a little more since.

The slop in the bolt holes can get you 0.3 to 0.5 degrees easy but I would not worry about the -0.5 in the front. If you are not showing camber wear on the rear, i wouldn’t worry about that either.

I’d bet you can get an alignment kit for this car. Offset bushings or threaded control arms would be likely.

4 Likes

I’ve had mine since new and one of the rears was still in the yellow. They told me nothing to worry about. Never a problem with tire wear or anything else just seemed to wander a little before the alignment. Some cars I never had an alignment done.

I’m easily confused, but

I’m not sure you know as much about this 2014 car as you think you do

1. First owner did an alingment in 2019

2. Second owner bought the car when is was 1 year old, so 2015/16

Why would the first owner pay for an alignment 3 years after they sold it?

I agree with Mustangman… Probably rear spring sag with worn struts… I would replace the rear struts with quick struts… That should/will get you back to OE ride height, and you can research for the spec if you want them…

But since you asked, this is an adjustable rear camber/toe kit for your vehicle, the pic just shows parts for one side NOT both… And NO, I don’t know if it is a quality kit or not… lol

1 Like

$1100 would buy a couple sets of tires for this 115K mile car.

Doesn’t seem worth the cost does it @davesmopar :wink:

1 Like

check all of the rear suspension parts for wear.