Camaro supercharger

And you can use for a hair dryer when you’re not driving!

You would be wasting your money. No one is making performance parts for this engine…or no one making them in any quantity…bec that engine doesnt lend itself to performance mods…Now before we all GOAD you into saying “OH Yeah? well I will show you!” DONT…the 3.1 can make HP but it would take you SOOOO much damn money to do it…I would nto be logical in any way. I know you dont want to hear this, but its true and is coming from people who know about these things.

A V8 swap would be much cheaper for you cheaper than the tuning of the 3.1 with a Supercharger on it…Sorry but all of these statements are true…

If you want…get some Nitrous…it will be the ONLY way you will get some INSTANT power out of this thing without doing anything else…it will be FAR FAR cheaper than a supercharger. When not abused they can be run quite reliably… and IF you blow it up you can move the system onto the V8 that you will inevitably put under your hood and still be able to say that my v6 blew your doors off for a long while. WAY cheaper than your supercharger idea

You can get some pretty HUGE HP out of a nitrous kit…add 100HP…and trust me you will feel that in the seat of your pants.

The early to mid 80’s Mid Size GM cars saw a Buick V-6 equipped with a Turbo Charged engine. Buick Turbo Regals, Buick Grand Nationals, Buick GNX, early Pontiac Grand Prix’s, and Pontiac Turbo Trans Ams received these engines. The engine was modified when they switched to fuel injection in '85 and '86, and that’s when the big power came. Pretty much bullet proof motors in big, heavy cars. The Buick GNX and Turbo T/A saw bigger turbos from the factory than the others, and are absolute beasts when tweaked.

After the mid 80’s, GM changed the Buick V-6 over to the 3800 Series I engine, that mostly went into FWD cars. This engine then became Supercharged. This carried over to the 3800 Series II engine, where they increased the size of the supercharger to get more performance out of the engine.

BC.

Hysterical!

Just imagine the huge boost pressure you’ll be able to generate with a 12VDC electric motor! Enough to dry your hair even!

Just for grins I know the electric turbo was a joke, but lets say a standard vacuum cleaner motor is powerful enough to turbo charge a engine, and that motor pulls 10 amps on 120v house circuit. Amps times volts equals watts so that’s a 1200 watt motor, so now we divide 12 volts car voltage into 1200 watts, which equals 100 AMP. That would mean the house vacuum cleaner motor would draw 100 amps to run on 12 volt car power. So any electric turbo charger that could possibly work which I believe there are some out there would draw over 100 AMP and require separate battery, and electrical modification plus once the battery is dead no more turbo until the battery charges back up, just like when the nitrous bottle is empty. At the end of the day a standard turbo is more practical.