Cadillac to build electric car

Mike -

Yep, I have heard of Neptune, and I’ve heard nothing good.

I think part of the problem is simply complexity. I have a Roper (whirlpool sub-brand) dryer and a Whirlpool washer. Both are bottom of the line - which of course is pretty similar to the top-of-the-line from 20 years ago. Simple controls, simple design. The washer is even Energy Star rated (dryers basically aren’t even in the Energy Star program, and the washer has a bigger impact on the energy use of the dryer than any dryer-to-dryer variance)… Both have been pretty reliable. The washer is about 12 years old and the dryer is 15. But they’re very basic devices. So many of the newer ones have sensors galore, automatic rebalancing, etc. All extra stuff to break.

Of course, that Roper doesn’t even have digital controls… just a simple timer switch.

“Yep, I have heard of Neptune, and I’ve heard nothing good”.

I thought you were referring to the Neptune boat motors made back in the 1930s and 1940s by Muncie Gear Works. They probably weren’t the most reliable boat motors made (they were 2 hp trolling motors), but they were lightweight and once your got them running, they beat rowing. I think you could make the motor run in either direction–made it handy for backing out of the dock.
I think that the Neptune front loading washers really damaged Maytag’s reputation. We have a Maytag washer that is 20 years old and never had a repair, but it is not a front loading machine. On the other hand, my son had a Maytag (not a front loader) and it quit after 6 years. The repair was more than half of what it would cost for a GE machine that was a scratch and dent special, so he opted to replace the Maytag.

I think that the Neptune front loading washers really damaged Maytag's reputation.

The Neptune washer we had was NOT front-load. It was a completely different design. It was a top-load that worked like a Front-Load. This design only lasted a couple of years.

As for the complexity of the design being the problem…I don’t think so. The parts that failed weren’t part of the complexity. Those parts are common on other washers.

. First was the clutch. $50 for the part. And a real pain to replace.
. Switch on circuit board. Common analog switch.
. Shock absorber.

Now Maytag also makes a COMMERCIAL Neptune washer which is the same design, but uses higher quality parts. They are considered very reliable. I think the problem with the consumer Neptune washers - Maytag was trying to maximize profits. They did this by cheapening the parts that go into it. Keeps costs down…and increases profits (for the short term). But then they loose customer loyalty. Sounds like they guy in charge of this project came from the American Auto Industry.

“The Neptune washer we had was NOT front-load”.
My mistake–I’m not “into” washing machines. I just assumed the Maytag Neptune was a front loader. We had an old Whirlpool machine which I kept going for years. Unfortunately, the last time it quit functioning, my wife didn’t want to wait for me to get it repaired, so she went out and bought a new Maytag and had it delivered. I noticed after a couple of years that the Maytag washer had shrunk all my clothes. Ironically, our bathroom scales went on the fritz about the same time we got the Maytag and started reading high when I would weigh myself.

My mistake--I'm not "into" washing machines. I just assumed the Maytag Neptune was a front loader.

The newer ones are now front loaders…but when I bought mine it wasn’t.

I have learned over the years not to take Triedaq with me when we shop for a new appliance. His idea of a modern washing machine is a Maytag square tub wringer washer. He thinks that a Servel gas refrigerator is the latest thing in refrigeration. He is upset when we go car shopping–he can’t find a local Studebaker or DeSoto/Plymouth dealer.

Mrs. Triedaq

How well does an electric car work in frozen MN! Does it have an electric heater? Does the battery pack work well after parking outside in -10f temps?

Of course, you have to consider the extra loading that the Neptune puts on those parts (except the switch). It’s a bit like throwing a CVT into a heavy duty pickup and then wondering why it failed after towing a 10,000 lb load. Put it into a compact sedan and it works great.

“I have learned over the years not to take Triedaq with me when we shop for a new appliance.”

When we shop for an appliance? Mrs. T, really… don’t take him with you when you go shopping.

Most of our dryers are analog switched from what I’ve seen around the plant. Our high end dryers, such as the Duets and/or coin-ops, can have digital displays, but most of the dryers I’ve seen are analog. Some might be push button, too, but I’ve not seen many models with them.

We are on our second washing machine in 45 years and Never had an electric motor go in ANY appliance we have owned. I let my wife pick out the appliances. Maybe that’s the secret.

Of course, you have to consider the extra loading that the Neptune puts on those parts (except the switch). It's a bit like throwing a CVT into a heavy duty pickup and then wondering why it failed after towing a 10,000 lb load. Put it into a compact sedan and it works great.

I agree…And the Commercial version they built with higher quality parts is very reliable. They just used very inferior parts in the home consumer line to increase profits.

When I was single and purchasing a wash machine, I traded with an independent dealer that had a service department. The head repairman, Bill, had serviced my parents appliances. A saleswoman showed me the machines. I asked her if she would get Bill from the service department to help me select a machine. She couldn’t understand why, but she did have Bill come to the sales area. He pointed to one model and said “that is the one to buy”. I told her to write it up. When she asked why, he explained that it had a tub that wouldn’t rust as the cheaper models did, but didn’t have the troublesome pushbutton controls that the most expensive models had. That machine was a good purchase. Unfortunately, the indendent apppliance store is long gone and Bill has long since retired. The big box stores don’t have sales people that are very knowledgeable, so I let my wife do the shopping.

the stuff sells itself; lots of people research items before they buy and know what they want ahead of time, so they’ll likely know more than the salesmen will.

Though it’s probably sad that more people research appliances more before they buy than they do cars.

When shopping for appliances or cars, Mrs JT gives me a wish list and I narrow the choices. Then we look on line and at the store. Once we settle on a model, we shop price. We never test drive the appliance, though.

Our last appliance purchase was a refrigerator. She wanted one with a top ice box and water dispenser on the door. I found it at Sears, and discovered it was a Whirpool. We got the best price at a local dealer on the Whirlpool.

I went out on black friday a couple years ago and bought my fridge. I really like the bottom mount freezer and this one was selling for half price; couldn’t get that good a deal even from employee pricing. Though that brand of Kenmore wasn’t made by Whirlpool

I really like the bottom mount freezer and this one was selling for half price

Our new Fridge is a bottom mount…Love that design.

The fridge that I use is in good shape, but I don’t remember its age or brand. Just don’t get me started on the gas stove sitting next to it. Wait a sec–I thought this was a car forum!

it is, but it’s also the General Discussions sub forum, so we’re good.

pains me to see him do that to a Whirlpool dryer, especially since it looks like the same model I own