Buick Riviera wheel interchangable

Hi,
Will a 1999 Dodge Intrepid that won’t start I’m thinking of calling the junk man to pick it up, but I want to keep the new tires I just put on it. The tires are the same size as the 1997 Buick I just bought to replace it. Will the 1999 Dodge Intrepid 16” Wheel fit the 1997 Buick Riviera. If the fit I could put studded tires on one set for the winter.
Bill Crownover

I would be amazed if the wheels fit, I bet they’re different in many ways.

Let’s start simple, what size are the toe tires. It’s written on the sidewall of the tire.

Both cars have P225/60R16 tires. Both wheel rims are 16" x 7", 5 Lug, 4.5" Bolt Pattern. I wasn’t able to find the center hole size or if there are other shapes that might be different.

Pull one off the Dodge and see if it fits on the Riviera. If it does, spin it and see if anything binds. If not, take the Riviera for a slow drive around the neighborhood. If that works, try all 4 tires. An afternoon experiment.

Enter both of the vehicles information here, http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern-Cross-Reference-Database.asp, and it will reflect if the wheels are interchangable between the vehicles.

Tester

Thank you, The Dodge center bore size is bigger. I don’t suppose I will use them that way.