Budget tires for Acura RDX 2015

Tried, but no deal for now at least.
Based on previous experience, if anybody remember, do we get tire deals near 4th July ?
This is my first experience of tires buy, so have lot of doubts.

May have in the past but if that will happen this year , who knows. There are plenty of tire rebates out there now anywhere from 50
0 to 100.00 depending on the brand .

^This. Since some people are excessively brand conscious, buy the cheapest Goodyear, Firestone, Uniroyal, etc. you can find and be done with it.

Go to Costco and take advantage of their current deal . . .

I believe Bridgestones are the cheapest they sell

At least the car won’t be screaming cheapo when you list it for sale . . . thus you probably won’t have anybody trying to lowball you based on the tires

Yes, but their selection of Bridgestones is fairly limited, as they feature mostly Michelins, and–sometimes–an odd BF Goodrich.

I just checked

They have 2 Bridgestones, 7 Michelins and 1 BF Goodrich at the moment

Not a bad selection, in my opinion

The current deal is for Bridgestone, by the way

If I were to look at a used car, a new set of Bridgestones wouldn’t scream “red flag warning” to me . . . unless it was some kind of newish exotic and/or super sporty car

I just checked their tire availability for my car, and if I exclude the winter tires and the ones that are currently unavailable, it included almost as many Bridgestones as Michelins, plus one BF Goody.

If I was looking to save money on tires for a car that I was going to dispose of, then that Bridgestone deal would definitely be attractive. I am a “Michelin guy”, but that Bridgestone deal might attract me if I was not keeping a car for the long term.

1 Like

Yes, at Costco “Bridgestone - BLIZZAK DM-V2” will cost total $786 (including installation+taxes). It is marked as “Season: Winter”. Should it matter, instead of looking at only all-season tires?

BF Goodrich is little cheaper, but above one comes up cheap after adding discount

It is around $150 more than, what I was looking initially. But probably, when I sell my car, buyer will average out it :slight_smile: (I hope)

For Pete’s Sake , you don’t want Winter tires . You need All Season that are good in rain . You are in Seattle are you not. And are you even a Costco member ? You don’t need that much money in tires that you are going to sell in less than a year. The person who buys your vehicle could actually know less about tires than you do so if it has good tread , the vehicle is waxed and tire shine on the tires you are good to go.

3 Likes

Yes, it should, if you are selling a car during spring, summer, or autumn.
If I was looking at a used car during the warmer months, and if it was shod with winter tires, I would immediately remove that vehicle from consideration.

1 Like

Look on Tire Rack just saw. a set of Pirellis for $532.04 . They are usually sticky tires but they are not known for a long life .

The Pirelli Scorpion Verde is an ordinary all season tire with a long wear rating, I see them on SUVs occasionally.