Smoothing the ride - 2015 Acura RDX

I recently purchased a my RDX from a dealer, w/ 24K miles. It drives rough. I have lower back issues. The RDX drives rough, when it comes to bumps in the road. Will different tires, or changing the suspension help? Please help, the RDX drives great, and I like it. Short of selling it, which I don’t want to do, what changes can I make for a smoother ride? Thank you very much. Vince

None, you just bought the wrong vehicle. You could change tires and suspension but the difference will not be much if any. The next time take a test drive over rough roads.

Tires are the best remedy you might get. Seach TireRack.com for tires in your size with rating for comfortable ride as high as possible. If you can find the tire type the car already has that will give a comparison of what you might gain. I.e. if your present tires are an 8.5 out of 10 and the best you can buy is 9.5 out of 10, don’t bother spending the money.

Any suspension modifications that might be for sale for this vehicle will only make it ride harder, period.

Different tires may smooth the ride somewhat. I have a similarly sized vehicle and have had many sets of tires. There was a difference in the ride based on what tires I installed. Here’s the first thing to look at. Are the tires on your RDX now “Summer-only” performance tires for some reason? If the answer is “Yes” your chances of getting a good result by switching to an “All-season” lower-performance tire will be the greatest. If not, it will be minimal if there is any change in comfort at all. We assume you have checked the tire pressure…If not, lower it to the setting posted on the driver’s door jam.

What is the tire size, make, and model? How much tread is on them? Are the wheels stock?

check the tire pressure, set it to the numbers listed, usually in the door jamb. No higher.

I set mine 2-4 PSI above recommended and accept the harsher ride.