Bucking bronco

hello , I have a 93 full size bronco with a 5.0 and was on the eglin reservation,when I soaked the motor going thru puddles so it started to have a high idle for about a hour then it now dies sometimes when im stopped and when i go from 2nd to drive i get it bucking ,I cleaned out distro,got new cap and rotor plus new plugs …no change I pulled some codes last night k.o.e.o. which was 111 111 1 33 or 111 111 133 I think its the 33 (e.g.r.)cuz there is no 133 in the code book… I had a real problem with the bucking before, the distributor took a dump so I got a re-man from o’riellys and that was bad too and made it buck and replaced that also which cured that problem,so Im wondering if it took if it is the same problem, its under a lifetime warranty and may upgrade to a new one

Go ahead and replace the distributor if the part is under warranty. Stop soaking the engine driving through puddles.

thanks its on order now,and i will quit the mud action ;]

I think the Code 33 is for a stuck EGR valve. This is essentially a large vacuum leak when stuck in the open position and normally an engine will barely idle or not idle at all when this occurs.

You refer to changing the dist. and while this likely has nothing to do with the above problem, you might consider putting a new ignition module on the dist. if the dist. did not come with one. These TFI modules are very prone to heat failure with varying symptoms so it’s best to head the problem off before it starts; say out in the boondocks somewhere.

Odds are the bucking problems have nothing to do with the distributors at all. It’s likely the EGR sticking or the TFI module failing. Or a combination of both.

I cleaned out distro,got new cap and rotor plus new plugs What about the most likely cause, old plug wires? I recommend OEM brand wires, not some kind of fancy after market wires.