British Microcar, how/where to sell?

@mctaylor82 - if you’re still around, what condition is it in? Top $$ requires top condition. A ‘project’ car will be worth a fraction of that.

Shadow, I withdraw from the bidding. The microcar is yours.

http://microcarmuseum.com/

The Microcar Museum does not have a FriskySport, just a 1959 Frisky Family 3. You might see if they are interested.

Here’s the Family Three for those who are interested:

http://www.microcarmuseum.com/tour/friskyfamily3.html

I knew a fellow, now deceased, who had a rare 1936 Avon, with aluminum body. He kept it, assuming it would be his retirement plan. The problem is being rare doesn’t mean much if no one wants it. I tried helping by asking on car collector forums what such a car would be worth. The only responses I got to very clear questions was how much they wanted for it. I concluded car collectors don’t have high i.q. Heh, heh.

Thanks for all the responses, I have done a fair amount of research and you guys certainly identified the issues that are causing me trouble. Last year I added the car to the Frisky registry and have been in contact with its administrator. I have also scoured a number of forums, but when a car is so rare, they don’t change hands very often. What piqued my interest was when the Frisky authority mentioned that the last FriskySport (restored) sold in Germany for over 20,000GBP, and that my unrestored “survivor” type of car is gaining favor. I then received an offer of 5,000GBP from a friend of his (in the UK), which just serves to make me wonder even more what the true value is. It isn’t in showcar condition, but it’s remarkably clean and complete for it’s age.

However, first and foremost, a collector car is only worth anything if you can find a collector. So if you go to auction, that means the collector has to see it. The market for these cars is strongest in the UK and Germany, so the internet certainly seems like the bgest tool, but selling a car internationally on eBay doesn’t seem very straightforward.

I am always leary of trying to sell on an enthusiast forum, as #1) you can imagine what a thrifty group the microcar enthusiasts might be, and #2) I worry about collusion to keep the price low. Maybe I’m paranoid. But I have see in happen in some other forums to which I belonged.

Done correctly, an eBay auction will bring you what the car is worth today. The 5000 pound offer sounds quite generous to me…