Brake Noise

I recently had my brake pads and rotors replaced at a shop. After a few days the car sounded like a freight train stopping not the normal brake squeal I’ve heard many times. I took it back to the shop and they thought it was the rear rotors so they replaced the rotors. After a few more days it started the same thing again. I took it back again. This time they decided it was the front brakes, so they replaced the front pads. Before I got home from the shop I heard a small squeal. Within a day it sounds just like it did before. Heads turning, people running in fear, babies crying. It is so loud you can’t tell where it is coming from. I don’t want to take it back to the shop until I have some idea of what they could do to actually fix it because I don’t think they have a clue about what it could be.

Usually when new brake components are installed, there’s a procedure that’s performed to make sure the new brake pads embed themselves properly to the rotors so a transfer of friction material can occur. If this isn’t done correctly it can result in brake noise.

Tester