Brake lights and cruise control

I have a1994 Dodge 1500 Ram Hemi extra cab 4door. The brake lights on the bed of the truck not the high light will blink on and off and sometimes stay on the other day my son-in-law narrowed the truck and a trailer and the trailer also blinked but again not the high light. Also the cruise has stopped working about the same time this started. At one time it was infrequent now is most of the time. Wondering if it could be part of the alarm system or something else it is driving me crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

I’d look at the brake switch that’s mounted on the brake pedal. Besides making sure that the brake lights come on when you press the pedal, it also cancels the cruise control setting when it is in use.
That switch (or wiring to it) most likely has an intermittent short.

Maybe the brake light switch on the pedal just needs adjusting.

I will agree with the others here. It sure sounds like a bad/misadjusted brake light switch.

So…was the problem apparent before or after the truck was narrowed?

I’m not exactly sure what you meant by that (flareside bed?), but it’s possible that the wiring was chafed or otherwise disturbed during the bodywork, explaining the weird ops of the rear brake lights (esp. as the cab mounted lights are fine).