Brake light wont turn off. HELP me!

My emergency brake lght wont turn off. I have a 2006 MAzda 3. I have had my brakes inspected and they are fine. The sensors in the emeregency brake are fine and the one in the fluid is fine. I have had my fuse box replaced and my something cluster was replaced. And the damn thing is still on! They are telling me that they don’t know what it is but that my car is safe to drive. Can anyone help me! How am I supposed to drive my car when they don’t know what the hell is going on!

Well here is some more controversial advice everyone else will criticise until they find out for themselves: where did you have the brakes evaluated at? The local convenience, 7-11 type chain shop on the corner? Please don’t trust these guys, nor the dealerships because they will find the problem and many other less crucial needs of your car. It will take some doing but find a good independant hole in the wall shop which has a reasonable shop rate per hour. Their shop rate will reveal that they either make their living off of bulk work or by random walkins (Making money off of random walkins is the bad part).
Because your car is so new I would take the car to the dealership in this case and let them diagnose the problem. You have enough information from the other shops to figure out what they are going to try and resell you. I agree that this sounds like something simple and you shouldn’t worry aout it to a certain extent. The brakes have been checked and the fluid has been checked and if they say all is good then they have left thenselves open to a big liability if that is not so. My guess without seeing the car is that the e-brake switch at the handle has something wrong with the wireing (Telling you that the brake is on when it really isn’t - as simple as a light switch being off or on), or tghere is something drastically wrong with the anti-lock sensing devices which would have been found out if the car was really checked out by the convenience shop.
If the dealership says it is something major have them replace it as cheaply as possible by warranty work or pre-recall work. If you aren’t satisfied with the dealershp’s answer ask, no, demand that the local factory rep contact you and you are not accepting the car back until he does. Don’t let them threaten you with selling the car because it “is an unclaimed car after a certain amount of days” (But be careful and look at the paperwork you signed at the time of drop off because they can put a disclaimer in their in small print - just cross it out before signing it. It will still be a legal document) because they have to contact the title holder before they do that, and that is you who still has an interest in the car.

look under the e brake handle. any junk down there? pens, pencils, other stuff.

if the handle can’t get lowered all the way down into its '‘home’ position the light won’t go off.

usually even with junk in there, the handle can be smooshed down to make the light go off. try that, to see if this helps.

check for debris, remove it, and then report back if its still on.

The Mazda dealership is who is working on my car. And the good thing is that so far it is all under warranty, but it is still taking too long. I don’t know much about cars so my last resort is getting on here and maybe someone else can help me. It’s my husbands car, but he is so pissed off now that I am having to deal with the service department because he is about to blow. I just got off the phone with them and now they are checking the wiring on the sensor in the fluid because they think it might have been done wrong. I thought they checked this already but who knows…

The Mazda dealership is who is working on my car. And the good thing is that so far it is all under warranty, but it is still taking too long. I don’t know much about cars so my last resort is getting on here and maybe someone else can help me. It’s my husbands car, but he is so pissed off now that I am having to deal with the service department because he is about to blow. I just got off the phone with them and now they are checking the wiring on the sensor in the fluid because they think it might have been done wrong. I thought they checked this already but who knows…