Borgward is back!

Agree about buying the brand. I’ve seen small appliances with names like Sunbeam, General Electric, Westinghouse, Kelvinator, etc. all look alike and made in China. Both Koreans and Chinese have discovered that familiar sounding names sell better than names in the local language.

I’m sure Borgward sounds classy to the new owners of the name.

The current Chinese owners of Volvo (Geely?) don’t want to slap an Asiatic sticker on their cars. Similarly, Land Rover sales would suffer with a Tata badge on them.

That is often the question in business whether throwing out an old name like Land Rover would actually improve sales. People might take a chance again on a Tata but not a Land Rover. Once a brand becomes a negative or a boat anchor, drop it for something new as a first step.

“Land Rover sales would suffer with a Tata badge on them.”

Maybe not!
They might be able to get a lot of guys into their showrooms with an advertising campaign, such as, “Take a test drive, and get a feel for our bodacious Tatas”.

:wink:

And just when I thought you had no sense of humor . . . These days though its often not the guys making the decision, but I could see the line forming for a test drive.

@VDCdriver

I like your way of thinking :naughty: