Would you buy a Chinese-branded car?

Hi everyone,

I’m new to this forum and am not yet sure how everything works but would really like to get your opinions on Chinese cars and your perceptions of Chinese car brands. I would hugely appreciate it if you could help me out by filling in this 2-minute survey via this link - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZW7KDHX.

It’s very quick (only 10 questions) but it will help me to gather vital information on the UK consumer perceptions of Chinese-branded cars, which I am doing for my final year project at university. I really hope you can help and thank you in advance!!! :slight_smile:

I’m not a UK consumer (live in USA), but despite what anyone answers on a survey Chinese cars will sell. It is a matter of price, quality, and perceived value.

The models are in place, just look at Japan and Korea. For a primer on how not to market a car read about the Yugo from eastern Europe sold during the “cold war” era. Japan was known for cheap goods and the first cars they offered didn’t sell well. The Japanese improved the quality and offered cars at prices below the competition. Eventually they overcame the low quality perception and now they sell their cars at a premium price.

Korean cars were better quality from the start and caught on quicker than the Japanese. China just needs to offer cars equal to or superior to the competition at prices below the competition. If they follow that model they will sell cars, lots of cars.

Won’t do surveys, but here are my thoughts.

Don’t blink, but cars have a % of Chinese parts already. It the manufacture base is in China, it’s up to them to stipulate the quality of manufacturing. The biggest selling car brand in China is GM. But guess what, those cars are made in China with GM names. Don’t worry, even Chinese cars will have American sounding names. It’s called merchandising and if the quality and service is there and the price is right, Americans don’t car where the “12 year olds” are from building them or anything else.