Bmw vs mb

i JUST TURNED 60.mY WONDER BOYS OF MEDICINE TELL ME TIME IS SHOTRER THAN I THOUGHT.I’VE ALWAYS LOVED THE LOOK,FEEL AND HANDLING OF THESE CARS.i DO NOT LIKE COMPUTERS IN THEM 'THO,NOR DAN I AFFORD NEW.I’VE LOCATED TWO.;'82MB 300D,'84 BME 735IL.I HEAR THE BEEM IS NEEDY…THOUGHTS?

Do something useful with your money instead of buying worn-out cars…Ask your pastor (or any pastor) if he/she knows a single Mom who could use a little help. The smile of a 3 year old will make you feel better than any run-out Benz or Beemer… St Peter might take note too…It’s worth a try…

The 300D is slow, the 735il will be needy, but more fun. What are you looking for? A newer BMW 5 series would be more fun (but the 735 series with the I6 is pretty reliable, do not get one that has the V8), or a newer MB E300/E320 would be a better car (aside from fuel consumption, not that this is a major consideration for a ‘toy’).

p.s. - please turn off your caps lock, it’s interpreted as SHOUTING

They’ll both be needy, but the BMW will be a lot more fun…assuming it’s in decent shape. Have it thoroughly checked over before putting any money down.

Sincere best. Were my doctors to give me tha same news I’d want to do the same thing you’re doing. I did a lot of deep thinking after my first heart attack.

there is no contest…300d every time, i have owned both, a 300 might not have the same power of a 735 but will do 38 mpg and the bmw 14 or to 16 and in my opinion the better handling car, mine as just done 400,000 and will still just lol were law permits do 130mph (indicated) on speedo were legal of coarse, plus after 23 years all electrics work, power heated full leather seats duel climate, windows even the old girls sunroof still works and i don’t nurse my cars and old mercs dont need nursing…the toughest car that as ever been made…its a no brainer

Flip a coin.

Realistically you need to take the one you like better to a (MB/BMW) mechanic and see “how much time is left” too.