Bluddy squirrels

I have a ‘92 Honda Accord DX with squirrel problems. I think I have a handle on how to prevent them in the future, but right now I need to identify a part in order to replace it. I can’t just look at it because the neighborhood shade tree mechanic took it with him, then got himself arrested.

The part is a plug-in bundle of small colored wires that plugged in between the battery and the firewall on the left side, and is about the size of an average prescription bottle in diameter. It’s between 6 inches and a foot long, but hard to tell exactly because the damn squirrels had munched away most of it.

I live in a one-horse town with no transportation to the next one-horse town or junker yard. But if I can get the name of the part, I can probably find one online and plug it in myself.

Then I will concoct a witchs’ brew of cat urine and mothballs, and pour it all over my carport.

Don’t bother with the cat pee or moth balls. You gotta catch them and take them elsewhere . . . or they’ll keep coming back. They are rats with fuzzy tails and can really cause a lot of damage. Rocketman

Not possible.

I need the name of the part so I can replace it.

OH, and it’s a Honda Accord LX

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR SQUIRREL HINTS - I’M LOOKING FOR THE NAME/DESIGNATION OF THE PART. I’VE HAD LOADS OF RODENT ADVICE, BUT NO ONE ADDRESSES THE NEED TO IDENTIFY THE PART.

Go to "HondaAutomotiveParts.com . . . great site with diagrams for many years and models, you can look it up and maybe then get a new or used part. I have a great on-line site for salvage parts if you want it after you identify the part. Rocketman

after I identify the part is the crucial thing. I need the name of the part in order to find/replace it.

Can you visit your mechanic at the lock-up?
He will probably be very glad to have a visitor, but in his current circumstances, he may not recall the name of the part.
Still, this is worth a shot.

No, not possible without driving to another town. Catch 22.

Perhaps someone out there knows the name of the part?

I’ve heard peppermint extract will keep them away, but can’t really recall exactly. But if they’re chewing your wires, take some hot sauce and put on the wires. When they go to have a nibble, they’ll likely not want anymore of it.

a friend just pointed out that my description made it sound like the part was attached to the battery and firewall. No, it was located in that area, not attached there.

Your description of the wire bundle is too sketchy.

As for the squirrels, shoot 'em!

Normal old fashioned wooden sprung rat traps spiced with peanut butter and hamster feed, works every time. Ideally put a nail in the trap with a length of chain attached to a strip of steel or aluminum section pegged into the ground, stops the injured escaping.