Bigger than ever

It kind of did, yes. Prius drivers are generally more aggressive than Tahoe drivers from what I’ve seen. Zippy little cars kind of zip in and out of traffic. I don’t see trucks and suv’s doing that as much, probably because they can’t lol.

I guess we see things differently. That’s cool. I kinda like the fact that a Camry has 300 hp, because I’m an auto enthusiast. I like power. I’d want a supercharged 6.2 V8 Tahoe. Not to be “better than the next guy”. Just because, it would be awesome lol.

By the way, how do these conspicuous consumers show off how much gas they use?

From my coworker: 7-year warranty and having mid-trim Passat for under 20K (fall clearance) made a sale for him.

1 Like

By the diameter and number of exhaust pipes :slight_smile:

Hmmm… I’m also a fan of dual exhaust and slightly oversized all terrain tires on a truck (I admit, mud tires on 20’s are a bit much for my tastes).

I must be a “conspicuous consumer”.

Trucks today have more power, are bigger, and yet get better fuel economy than my 14 year old small V8 work truck. Seems like progress to me…

As far as the conspicuous consumption quasi political part, I take the “live and let live / free country” stance.

You don’t think anyone that owns a $100,000 Ute washes it themselves, do you?

1. Take it to the car wash.
  2. Pay the house staff to wash it.

Pretty good . . . but not outstanding

A Semi would typically have a 15-liter diesel

About the only thing a Semi and the diesel suburban have in common is that they both have an inline 6 cylinder

If you tried to mount a 15-liter diesel in a Suburban, the thing might collapse like a tin can

I know. See this post:

2 Likes