Better mileage

I am curious about this fuel cell modification kit that promises 50%+ increase in mileage.They advertise the Hydrogen Assist Fuel Cell (HACF) as an available technology and the Pre Ignition Catalytic Converter (PICC) as a future one. Anyone know anything about this?

Eddie

Gee, could this be the same person who started this thread…
http://community.cartalk.com/posts/list/970411.page

…in order to try to lure people to a webite. (Yes, no link was given but search engines make that fairly irrelevant).

My apologies if I’m wrong, but I think the only response is: “Go Away!”

Isn’t this scam just about beaten to death.

If you believe that some huckster in a boiler room can design, test, and produce what tens of thousands of engineers and billions of dollars could not then have at it.

Logic dictates that if someone actually designs a better mousetrap the world will beat a path to their door. They won’t be palming it off for pennies on the internet.

How much do they pay your guys to post these questions, or is the another one born every minute.

These dweebs are the ones that fall for “The-Work-At-Home” scams you get inundated with through the spam e-mails which most people with an IQ over 90 ignore. They are too lazy and/or too stupid to find a real job and they think they’re going to get rich because someone told them they can make THOUSANDS a just by getting people to look at their web-site. What a bunch of loosers.

Just a few questions. Do you know what it costs for the high-pressure hydrogen tank? How about hoses? I suspect that high-strength steel hoses and high-pressure connections need to be installed. And how about the conversion necessary for a T.B.I., carburetor, or fuel injectors? Does a hydrogen fuel cell system even work on fuel injector systems? ?? Do you have room in the trunk for this storage tank or are we all expected to buy huge-o mung-o pick-up trucks just to haul the steel, high pressure, very expensive tanks around with? How does that added wheigt affect fuel mileage? And what is the PROVEN safety record of these systems? By the way, these systems are still in the research and development stage. Like I stated, just a few questions. But here’s the kicker. Where the he77 do you get that system fueled up? That’s the same kicker I have been looking at for over 15 years. Same kicker for natural gas, liquid propane gas, ethanol fuel, etc. We rural people sure don’t have the benefit of living in a populated-enough area for ethanol. Some of us don’t even have access to nat. gas. My house uses L.P. gas but at today’s prices, plus the costs of conversion, it just ain’t worth it to me at this time. If this technology was viable now, why aren’t all of the big-rig truck manufacturers cranking units out the door? How about other vehicle manufacturers? How about the railroad industry? Airlines and airplane manufacturers? Even around the ‘Front Range’ areas of Colorado, there just aren’t enough ethanol refill places. So I should think of converting to hydrogen fuel? WHERE DO I GET MY REFILLS? ?? Huh? Huh? So, Cofresi, do you think we’re stupid? Huh? Huh? The last statistics I read, about 2 months ago, were telling of a 4-5% efficency rating. You only gain 4-5% by running an electrical charge through distilled water, separating the oxygen and hydrogen. By-product is oxygen and hydrogen! Geez, I wonder how the chemists figured out that very basic law of physics? Then the hydrogen in pressurized to condense it, diverted to a very expensive storage system, put into a smaller high-pressure storage tank, then burned all by itself for power. I learned all about this while studying the effect of this reaction to generate electricity. Once you force the hydogen and oxygen atoms back together, you get an electrical charge back out of the combined H and O. Presently about 4-5%. Now deduct all of the other energy for all of the processes needed to get your 4-5% “net” electrical charge, and where are there any cost savings in the present-day real world? Huh, Confresi? Huh? Huh? I’ll bet that we don’t hear from this Confresi again—at least not under this “handle”.