Best snow brush

If only things were that simple.
If you bothered to read more than just the headline on that story, you might have seen the following:

In 2017, cellphone video recorded aggressive monkeys taking over a park pavilion and going after people. The monkeys carry a herpes virus that is deadly to humans and can be spread through a bite or scratch.

Wow! so we go from best snow brush to monkeys with herpes, gators with tooth decay, and pythons with coil problems.

1 Like

I can’t look at it right now, but I have a snow “brush” that has a wide foam type blade that works quite well. Unlike the wimpy little brushes that are good at removing an inch or three of accumulation, that one I have is handy for clearing 8 or 10 inches (or more) from a vehicle.

Plus, the handle extends to reach all the way across a vehicle. An advantage to that is that you can “two hands” it and put a little pressure down so it won’t ride over deeper snow.

When I go back north in 5 or 6 months, I’ll see if I can remember where I put it and have a better look for more details.
CSA
:palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

___________________________________________________________________florida%20weather

1 Like

I just now walked back from the pool in a wet swim suit. It’s beautiful outside. Did you say it’s snowing someplace? Is it still technically winter? Do they still have that?

Oh, never mind. I’m in Florida.:lizard: Maybe I’ll just catch the national news on TV.

1 Like

We get the idea but it’s so warm here, the ice on the lake is not safe.

The Hopkins 532 Mallory 26" would be the best snow brush for me it just give me a very convinient and efficient feel when I’m trying to scrape or sweep off the snow covering my car and not to mention that it’s very affodable, has sturdy bristles for cleaning and very light in weight.

Hopefully St Paul will still be able to have ices sculptures at the Winter Carnival rather than:

True story… I’m planning on going to the Desoto Grand Parade (huge) again this year. We rode our bikes there last year and saw 4 or 5 new Mustang Convertibles (tops down) carrying the Minnesota twin cities (?) Winter Festival Queen and her court. The queen stood out from the Florida folks in her big white furry collared gown.

P.S. I noticed another escaped Minnesota car (license plate) in our under-building parking garage yesterday at the condo. Has to be somebody living in our building, at least part time.
CSA

P.P.S.
RELATED: St. Paul Winter Carnival Extended to 17 Days
While it may be the start of a new carnival, it’s a bittersweet end for last year’s “Royal Family.” At a ceremony Friday night, King Boreas and his crew will pass on the crown.

“We’ve made around 400 appearances from nursing homes to schools, parades, all the way from Winnipeg, Canada to Bradenton, Florida,” King Boreas said. “Spreading the good word of St. Paul and being the best ambassadors we can, it’s been awesome.”

The 17-day festival includes parades, a winter run, and the “royal coronation,” among other events .

I know this thread is old, but I just saw this in the paper:

I seldom use a snow brush on my black Toyota.I use an electric leaf blower if the car has a lights powdery snow covering…it takes seconds to remove it all and doesn’t scratch the paint :grinning:

I don’t need one very often either so I just have the $2 variety on a stick. A couple things I would wonder about would be the weight and the effort needed. The other would be the metal shaft and what it would do to the paint if it came in contact. Extending is nice especially for SUVs and short people but the wooden stick is light and doesn’t usually damage the paint. If the car happens to be out in the driveway I use a floor broom.

buy a car cover and put it on before it snows.
leaf blower for powdery snow.
if it is above freezing you could use a water hose and spray the car off.

I always just used the ones that had a plastic scraper on one end and a brush on the other.

I like the scrapers with a brass blade. Kicks the ice off nicely. Usually just a broom to clear the cars,

@Marnet @Triedaq You folks make it through the bad weather OK? We had about 6" of snow but you had tornadoes. I’ll take the snow.

1 Like

@bing Thank you for asking. I’m safe. The severe line of storms with tornadoes stayed just clear of my part of the St. Louis metro area. I’ve only had strong winds. Sadly, several tornadoes did hit northwest and northeast in adjacent counties destroying some homes with accompanying injuries and loss of life, and collapsing the roof of an Amazon warehouse across the river in Edwardsville, IL. Reports are that there are workers still missing in the severely damaged warehouse.

Reading both local and national news as of now 2:30 a.m. Friday night / Saturday morning shows tragic damages, injuries, and loss of life across parts of AR, MO, IL, KY, and TN. Daylight will reveal better the extant of damage.

1 Like

@bing Here in East Central Indiana north of Indianapolis we had strong winds but no damages.