Bad vibrations

HAVE A 2003 SATURN VUE ALL WHEEL DRIVE. WHEN BRAKING FROM A SPEED GREATER THAN 35 TO 40 MILE PER HOUR, I CAN FEEL A VIBRATION THAT APPEARS TO COME FROM THE LEFT FRONT WHEEL. IT CAN BE FELT THRU THE STEARING WHEEL, AND THE DRIVERS FLOOR. AT TIMES THE ‘‘BUMPING’’ MAY BE SEVERE, AT TIMES IT IS NECCASARRY TO ‘‘TAP’’ THE BRAKES TO MINIMIZE THE VIBRATION.

PLEASE ADVISE, THANKS. MHO7505

There are several possible causes of a vibration from the front , strut , brakes , bad tires , allingment , or an engine mount which is unlikely for it being a newer car . Check the tires to see if they are wearing uneaven dimples or bald spots , often retreaded tires will come apart and cause vibrations , I had an '88 Suburban and went through 6 tires in 2 months because the place I was getting them from said they were new and not retread and they would cause the vibration .

Sorry I don’t have an answer, but I do have a suggestion: ALL CAPS are difficult for most people to read and since it is considered shooting, many people will ignore it.

good luck! we had similar problems with our 2005 AWD for the past 20000 miles at least! the dealerships could never find a problem… until the car became undriveable! We had a busted break caliper and also torque converter!

This is really frequently a warped brake rotor. A mechanic can put a gauge on it and tell quickly. The car will ride smoothly and coast, but if you put your foot on the brake you get this bump, bump, bump feeling. Its faster the faster you are going, and it slows down as your car slows.

THANKS, I’LL GET THIS CHECKED OUT.
TAKE CARE, MHO7505