Bad noise shifting in reverse

when putting the car in reverse makes a bad noise not all the time and it still functions normal but makes a bad noise it is very intermittent

What year is your Fusion? What kind of noise? It could be a bad universal joint. It could also be one or more bad engine mounts. It might even be transmission problems.

Does the Fusion have a U-Joint?
I don’t think so.
CV joints?
Yes!
U-joiints?
NO!

CV is short for Constant Velocity Universal Joint, at least AFAIK. Do you have anything constructive to offer?

When the term ( U-Joints ) is used most people think of a vehicle that has a drive shaft to the rear wheels.

And Yes , Mr. VDC has constructive and useful advice quite often.

1 Like

Often perhaps. In this case no. I notice neither of you has offered a potential diagnosis. That’s not my idea of “constructive” or “useful.” As always, YMMV.

Have someone check for a loose heat shield on the exhaust system.

Tester

1 Like

Nope, It’s not called a CVU-Joint.

And correcting someones terminology to avoid confusion is constructive.

1 Like

Actually, when front wheel drive cars first became popular the term “Constant Velocity Universal Joint” was fairly common. And I notice you haven’t offered a diagnosis of your own, preferring instead to participate in a urinating contest that should have never taken place. I wonder what the OP is thinking and how any of this helps him figure out the next step?

Tester

1 Like

A double cardone joint is a constant velocity joint that uses 2 universal joints. A single Universal joint in a shaft is not a Constant Velocity joint.

1 Like

Yeah. Like that @Tester.