Automatic stalling at stop lights

I have a 1994 Chrysler Concorde that is in reasonable shape, but I got it recently from family friends and have little information about the vehicle history.

2 out of the last 5 times I have driven it, the engine has cut out while I was stopped at a stop light. I read your note on cars stalling because the brakes were applied too suddenly, but that doesn’t seem to be the issue, as I wasn’t driving more than 30mph in either instance, and the car did not stall right after I applied the breaks, but while I was sitting waiting at the light. Both times I put the car in park, turned it off and turned it back on again - no problems on start up or going forward for the rest of the trip. Any ideas?

I don’t know that it will correct your stalling issue, but I do have a few suggestions.

First since you don’t know the history, I suggest some general maintenance. That would include new air and oil filters (also oil change) and maybe the fuel filter. I would also change the spark plugs and plug wires. Change the brake fluid and have the bakes checked.

It would help to know the mileage, but if it is 50,000 or more, it likely would benefit from a transmission fluid change along with dropping the pan and changing that filter. Does the fluid smell burned or odd and is it clear or what?

I would also check the automatic transmission fluid