AUTO STOP doesn't turn off engine when cadillac CT6 stops!

Recently, tI noticed that the AUTO STOP on my 2018 Cadillac CT6 no longer works!! It probably stopped 6 months ago. I had forgotten it existed!
I am aware that it wouldn’t stop the engine if the AC was on, or the car’s computer sensed the battery needed to continue to charge. Or if Auto Stop was turned off.
But the light is on next to the A with the circle around it to the left of the screen.
I called a dealer, who tells me if the light is on it is working. But he’s not driving the car.
I took a mail survey about this model from JDPower recently and it had a whole page of questions concerning auto stop!!! So I wonder if this is a defect in Cadillacs?!
Any comments???

Calling will not get you anywhere . They actually have to examine the vehicle .

1 Like

I think you forgot to append a word or two at the end of that sentence.
Please tell us exactly what he said.

If mine did that, I wouldn’t get it fixed. I’d call it a Godsend. But there are many parameters that required to be met before it activates. I don’t know much about them, but I would think that the dealers scan tool would be capable of tracking these parameters.

2 Likes

He said if the light next to the icon for auto stop is lit (it is), then Autostop will turn off the engine at a red light when stopped. It DOESN"T!

Assuming that your 2 year old Caddy is still under warranty, then this issue is covered by that warranty. If the dealership is unwilling or unable to help you, then you need to elevate your complaint to the corporate level. Contact info can be found in your Owner’s Manual.

From your owners manual.

Auto Stop may be deactivated if:
1 A minimum vehicle speed is not reached.
2 The engine or transmission is not at the required operating temperature.
3 The outside temperature is not in the required operating range,
typically between -10 °C (14 °F) and 50 °C (122 °F).

4 The shift lever is in any gear other than D (Drive).
5 The battery has been recently disconnected.
6 The battery charge is low.
7 The interior comfort level has not reached the required level for the
climate control system or defog settings.

1 Like

Maybe dealer has it backwards , I know on my Durango if the auto/stop light is lit it means it is “OFF” .

Don’t worry
Be happy
Autostop sux.