2009 Kia Rondo - Problems starting

car has problem starting

OK , so what do you plan to do about the starting problem ?

Does it crank ok – that rrr rrr rrr sound – but doesn’t catch and run? Or doesn’t it crank the engine ?No sound at all, or maybe just a click.

Do we need to give it a good talking to??? lol

Do you have gas and oil and a good battery in it???
What have you checked, if anything?
Like George asked, is it a crank no start or just nothing, or maybe even clicking??
Have you tried your other Key (if you have one)…

Curious minds want to know…

I don’t think the OP is even aware folks here are commenting on their posting. Maybe there’s some sort of communication problem when original post is on different website?

Which a number of us have been complaining about for years.
Once in a great while we do get a response.
It does seem to be a problem with the carcomplaints website.

From Carolyn, Feb 2018:

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know about a new feature that has launched for the site, in conjunction with our partners at carcomplaints.com . It’s called Ask Someone Who Owns One. It allows people using Car Complaints to get some more information from others beyond what they’re seeing there. What does this mean for us?

You’re already starting to see some threads whose titles begin “Ask Someone…” with some text and a number. Individuals browsing Car Complaints can use the feature to post their questions, and it funnels through to the Car Talk Community. It’s just gone live on Friday, so we are all getting used to it. We’re aiming to bring some more questions and topics into the community, and bring in participation from others who may have brand-specific knowledge.

Inevitably with these launches, there are hiccups. I’ve been in touch with my fellow Lackeys with some observations, and of course if you notice what’s working or not working, let us know. I do ask that you give these questions a chance as you’d help others who registered directly to the site. The questions sometimes seem disconnected from context, as if they refer to source material we don’t see. Please be patient, and if needed, ask for more info. When you reply, it notifies the posters who originated with Car Complaints.

We want to keep the Car Talk Community lively and growing for years into the future. We appreciate your ongoing participation, and we want you to let us know how it’s going.

Thanks for your consideration, and welcome to all new users.

Carolyn

I’m guessing folks w/car problems post over at Car Complaints, then don’t want to bother going through the sign-up process here at Car Talk to read the responses, thinking there may not even be any responses. I wonder if those posters get a heads up, email, text etc, that they have some responses here?

Do you think the moderator can force someone to engage in conversation with you?

Many of the replies aren’t worthy of a response.

The above cover most of what we say in this story, but in case you want it in a format ideal for helping you get to sleep, we thought we’d throw it in. Most Common Causes Why Your Car Won't Start - Car Talk

If you go to carcomplaints it appears moderators review “questions” before they are posted.
From carcomplaints.com

THE BACKLOG. Normally we post complaints within 1-3 days. However, at the moment we have a very large backlog of complaints.

We try to keep up but since we don’t charge for anything, we can’t afford to keep lots of people hired or on standby for whenever we get a short-term backlog of complaints. So if your complaint isn’t posted right away, rest assured it’s safe in the holding area & eventually someone here will get to it — and when that happens, we send you an email with a link to your posted complaint & any additional helpful information we have.

If there is anything we need to clear up first with your complaint, we’ll email you. So either way you’ll get an email. If for some reason you need to see your complaint on the site right away, please shoot us an note explaning the situation & we’ll do our best. Thanks for being patient!

14 year old KIA and this is a surprise?

1 Like