Anyone having trouble

@db4690 yeah I’d like to give this a shot myself. I’ll have to do some research

I’d start by having a pro look at it and try to determine what needs doing. From the photo, and with my admittedly limited knowledge of car paints, it looks to me like a clearcoat failure. Whether and to what extent it can be fixed without stripping the car is a judgement better done by a pro. I’d assume any overspray will not halt the clearcoat failure, but I could be wrong on this. Perhaps a good rubdown with a good rubbing compound followed by a fresh clearcoat would stop the deterioration.

Again, while I’ve done bodywork on my own cars, I’m not an autobody man. A good body shop could give you a lot more (and more useful) information. Their estimates are generally free.

If you just need a reliable/comfortable car I would just leave it be. If it is contributing to a rust problem I assume it would need attention. I have no experience with rust problems.

@“the same mountainbike” yeah I’ll do that just to see. @sgtrock21 rust isn’t a problem… I just wanted to see if I could try and make it look a little better