Ant Infestation and Back Windows Broken 1997, e320 Mercedes Benz

Hello!!!
I have a 1997, e320 Mercedes Benz, and about six weeks ago, there was an infestation of small ants on the outer door frame of my car. I killed all the ants with raid, but since then every time I use my car I see one or two ants. Around the same time the ants appeared the back right window stopped working. Not only will it not roll up or down, but it will also not stay rolled up. It makes a crunching sound when I try to roll it up using the button. I have managed to force it up, and keep it closed, by shoving cardboard in, but yesterday the back left window also stopped working with the same symptoms.

How do I fix the ant problem and the window problem, and are the two things related? Are the ants eating away at my windows? I’m a college student on a tight budget, but I do want to take care of my car. I keep my car very clean, so I don’t think the ants are there for food related reasons. However, I park my car near a wooded area and only use it a few times a week.

Thank you very much.

Hello.
I am an ASE master and L1 technician. I worked at a Mercedes-Benz dealership for many years and rear window regulators would commonly fail on your model. It’s a fairly straightforward repair, and any competent independent repair shop should be able to replace them for you. Your local dealer will likely have the parts in stock, but their hourly rate will undoubtedly be significantly higher.
Unfortunately, I have no advice about the ants.

You mat be able to solve the ant problem by taking some in a plastic bag to the state Department of Agriculture Office for evaluation and advice. They have entomologists there, and their services are free. Ours here in NH were enourmously helpful in assisting a friend in getting rid of a particular beetle. They told us it’s scientific name, what it eats, where to look for its nest, and how to eradicate it.