Another web site issue!

Mike, I’m confused by your last post - Is it the same threads that always show as unread for you?

I will try on Monday when I get to work to see if it works.

Mike, hitting f5 key or refresh or reload page depending on browser may help update visited questions.

Is it the same threads that always show as unread for you?

I have about 10 threads…that no matter what I do…they always show as being unread…

Mike, hitting f5 key or refresh or reload page depending on browser may help update visited questions.

Yes…I know how to refresh the page…That’s only one part of the problem.

This site use to always to a refresh after you read a post. Looks like they removed the code in the post-back event that would refresh the page. I then refresh the page…and YES the posts show as being read…HOWEVER…I now have about 10 posts that no matter what I do…ALWAYS show as being unread…ALWAYS…

Well, I tried to see if what chaissos suggested is right - and it’s true. After clicking on the sign in button, the page loses functionality except near header where I can see that there is an invisible text field. I tried loging in on the blind - but no soap!

Perhaps there is something in the way my work computer is configured that prevents this from coming up.

Oh, well!

Well, I just did it again, just to verify. Same results. Sign out, no problem. Close browser, open browser, click “Sign In”, page locks up…or appears to.

The input line for the UserID was immediately under the “r” in “Actual car info” button on the main (top) menu bar, then tab to the password, then “Enter”. Worked like a charm for me.

Apparently, the “fix” wasn’t really a permanent one…either that, or some of the code was rolled back during the wee hours when no one was watching. Halloween is right around thecorner, after all…

HTH…good luck

cdaquilla,
here’s a web site change idea unrelated to the above.

in the list of recent discussions it only shows the name of the most recent poster.

I’d like to see the name of the o.p. showing beside or below the discussion title, ( I know we see it once we click on each topic. )
much like the chat room on my Ford dealer site fmcdealer.com. That one shows only the o.p. name and the number of replies.

I second that.

Excellent idea…I’ll third it.