Another airbag-related recall, but not because of the Takata problem

Certain 2008-2011 Nissans are being recalled because the Nissan emblem on the steering wheel hub can become a projectile if the driver’s side airbag is deployed.

So can this owner-created Claymore…

1 Like

I think that at least one of the Kardashians is selling that bling, along with their other useless/dangerous stuff.
:smirk:

1 Like

Remember the post about the woman with all the decorative gemstones glued around the steering wheel hub? :upside_down_face:

There does seem to be a segment of the population that does things… independent of the thought process.

One example: I’ve seen a number of cars whose center brake light was completely covered by a sticker of some sort.

Back when NJ was issuing renewal stickers to put on your license plates when you renewed your registration, they gave you two stickers because NJ has both front and back plates. I recall seeing a few cars with two identical renewal stickers on one plate and–obviously–no sticker on the other plate.

But, the winner was the guy who decided to put both of the license plate stickers on the outside of his windshield, covering the inspection sticker. W/in a few weeks, the windshield wipers destroyed the misplaced stickers.

Also, years ago, I had a neighbor who joined AAA, and they sent him a sheet of various size AAA stickers so that he could choose the right-size sticker, peel it off, and paste it onto his bumper. He peeled the backing off of the entire sheet, and stuck the whole thing onto his bumper and wound-up displaying probably at least 10 AAA stickers of various sizes, some of which were upside down, and some of which were sideways.

1 Like

“Here’s your sign!” … So at least we know the driver is stupid and likely to do stupid things!

1 Like

I got another winner. In VA you get 2 decals per plate 1 for the month and 1 for the year.
The plate is clearly labeled in the upper left as month and upper right as year. Every now and then (not often) I will see a plate with both year stickers on one plate and both month stickers on the other.

1 Like

My friends and I used to refer to the sight of the two identical registration renewal stickers on the same plate as a “quick IQ test”. Similarly, for the AAA guy.

1 Like

Then there was the guy that said he belong to Triple A, bartender refused to serve him😀

1 Like