An option for full size trucks

One thing I’ve noticed in my 2 year journey searching for the right vehicle is that full sized trucks are missing one thing I think would be ideal for them.

A grab bar on the inside of the driver’s side door.

I think the only truck I’ve seen this on is a Tundra, but those are a bit pricey for my taste.

They all have handles for every other door(passenger and both in the back if you get a 4 door version), but never a driver’s door. Why don’t they design one for the driver to grab a hold of for when they enter the vehicle?

The 1997-2003 F-150’s have them. Both my parent’s 97 and my brother’s 02 have them.

My 04 F250 has one on the interior of the A pillar.

I think they usually only put them on the passenger side because, traditionally, the driver has used the steering wheel as a handle instead.

I have a Tundra. I have a grab handle on the driver’s side? Never knew that. I guess the steering wheel does the job.

I had to go out and look my 2004 F-150 has them also

I can’t really remember which truck it was, but it was a Toyota truck

I think they usually only put them on the passenger side because, traditionally, the driver has used the steering wheel as a handle instead.

That’s what someone told me awhile back, but you’d think that after so many times, the steering wheel would break or something.

My '07 Ranger has a grab handle on the driver’s side windshield post, aka the A pillar. Works well and does not interfere with visibility.

2 years? What are you looking for?

Well, with the recent snow fall we had in Ohio, something with a bit more ground clearance than my 99 Civic. I’ve been trying to find the right vehicle for me, and I’m very picky. My Civic is still running strong, so it’s not like I’m looking for something right away. I’ve test drove just about everything within reason, though a Lamborghini or Ferrari test drive would be nice, but won’t happen.
I’ve narrowed it down to about 2 or 3 vehicles;
The Sport Trac, because I like the option of the heated front windshield.
The CX-7 because it’s quite a bit of fun for an SUV.
The F-150 is a maybe, since I dunno if I could handle climbing in and falling out of the thing on a daily basis. I’d have to rent one for a week to see if I’d like it

Well, I just checked and my Tundra does indeed have a grab handle on the driver’s side. So I grabbed it with my left hand and my right hand instinctively went to the steering wheel to pull myself up into the truck. Hmmmmm… old dog… no new tricks please. :slight_smile: