Alternatorfquestion

Hi all, Question…I’m shopping for an alternator and I keep seeing this
◦REQ A NEW 47" OFF OF 04-05 XG350’S REFERENCE TECH BULLETIN

can’t find out what the heck this means…anyone have an answer?
thanks for your time!

OK, so i found out that’s just an indication of where the rebuilt part came from…good.
Now I just have to figure how to get the bugger out…
any tips?
thanks!

https://itstillruns.com/how-to-change-the-alternator-for-hyundai-cars-10166.html#how-to-change-the-alternator-on-a-hyundai-xg350

Post your car’s vintage and folks here might be able to look through the service bulletins related to alternators.

thought i did, it’s 2002…
but anyway, got the alt. out…what a bitch…
lining up that bottom screw is real fun…
and then finding out the new alt. top holes don’t line up…
exchanging for a new one…
some have said to remove the radiator…you don’t have to…take the left fan out…
and the brace along the top of the radiator and you can carefully get it out…

from what I can find, to remove the alternator you have to disconnect the battery, remove the headlamp, the front bumper cover, the radiator, the right side cover, loosen the belt tension, disconnect the wires, and remove the through bolt holding the alternator in place. Make sure to pay att’n to the spacer configuration before you remove them, so you can get them back in the correct position.

Let me ask you a question, for the sake of curiosity: Would you be more interested in buying another Hyundai if they had a model where removing the alternator and others tasks a diy’er would do, if those were much simpler jobs for the diy’er? Both on my Corolla and my truck, all I have to do is the last two steps. No need to remove the radiator any of that other stuff just to remove the alternator. Or do you prefer all the functionality and styling you get in your XG and would rather have that and just live with more complicated diy’er tasks?

I don’t see any bulletins on the alternator itself, but there’s one on electrical system voltage drops if you are noticing either of these two symptoms when you decelerate:

• blower fan slows down
  • headlights dim

The oem part number for the alternator from what I can tell: 3730039405

I wouldn’t risk damaging the radiator to make removing the alternator a little faster, no, not a good trade-off imo.