Alarm System Killswitch

Hello. I have an alarm system in my 99 Corolla. I lost the key fob a couple years ago, so I have been able to disarm my alarm once in my vehicle by sticking the keys in the ignition, and turning them, then pressing the alarm killswitch under the steering wheel … Well the kill switch button broke and my brother in law removed it, so now I have to disarm by rubbing the 2 wires together. It’s really annoying and I just want to get a new button, but I don’t know what brand the alarm system is, or if there is a universal switch I can buy … I want to sell my car, but I am going to have a difficult time trying to find a buyer with this problem. Any suggestions on what I can do?

If this is an aftermarket alarm system you can have it disconnected. If you have the oribinal switch you may be able to find a replacement by looking for the part number on the switch. I am not sure what would happen if you just connected the wires permanently.

1 Like

If all you have to do to activate the kill switch is rub the wires together, then any momentary switch will do.

Here’s a cheap one:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/E-Switch/RP3502MABLK?qs=3Jlm%2Fl9ddLwb8tp4cUQLZg%3D%3D&gclid=CjwKCAjwwtTmBRBqEiwA-b6c_2PBBLjGoo8Oaty_Z-Et4ud58qi83QSvDTkT3LJDlmRICRNXQnHzoxoCQ3AQAvD_BwE\

3 Likes

Where’s the fun in that? How about one of those giant 4" dome switches like the tap light? Then add the words ALARM DE-ACTIVATION BUTTON emblazoned across the face and locate it on the dash pad…
:smile:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Will that work for the wife when she get’s p o ed at you?

It’ll work to get you punched if you press it when she’s there. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for responding