Air Conditioning drain - 2001 Mitsubishi Galant

Where is the Air Conditioning drain found on the 2001 Mitsubishi Galant? I have LOTS of slush swishing around and dripping inside the car and have no clue where to find the drain.

The drain tube should be on the firewall, low on the passenger side of the vehicle. You may have to raise the car and crawl underneath to reach it. Use jackstands or ramps to support the car. NEVER crawl under a car supported only by a jack.

Thanks!

Lucky for you I happened to have the manual for this vehicle. You’re looking for a hose on the firewall. It’s short and has a 90? bend in it, facing the ground. It’ll be closer to the passenger side, but possibly toward the middle.

When cleaning this hose, I suggest you pull it off and clean the hose seperately. Then clean the evaporator drain pipe itself. There’s two ways to do this. The best is with compressed air. Just blast away. But you can also use a garden hose and blast away too. However, use only short burts of water and put towels on the carpet. I’ve had a drain clog badly and require this method of unclogging, and I ended up filling the evap housing with water which rushed out the heater vents.

Cleared out the mildew smell though! :slight_smile:

-Matt