Again my car dies, Please help

Once again I indeed have the same problem. I have been struggling my car for the last couple of months. The problem is that when I drive my car at 60 miles p/h it switches of, I will see all the lights, i.e., the key light (green) the rest are the red lights i.e, the doors, the engine check etc just like when you start off the care or start on the care the regular lights you see. But the car doesn’t die, it just switches off and restarts automatically and continues. This happens very rare, once in a month may be. Other times when I am driving at a lower speed like 25, 30 and 40, it switches off and dies, then I stop and restart just fine. I took it to 2-3 places, except Honda dealer. I have done full tune ups, and one place told me they found something that was causing the car to die and they had fixed and they put it new parts, it helped for like a month and now I have the same problem again. I think there could be electric problem, there could be alternator problem or problem with a key, I am not really sure I just need help or ideas as to what the heck is going on, this is giving me more stress as I already spend more than $600 so far.

Some one suggested if I have a whole bunch of keys on your key chain, if so the lock may be shot, they dont like ot have a wad of keys hanging from them. Yes I did have other keys about 9 other keys but I have taken them out and I still have the same problem. Sometimes when I wiggle it starts and it switches off right away. I am very Confused. Please help any ideas.

Sounds to me like you have isolated the problem already. The ignition switch seems to be going bad. It is probably a bad contact in the switch, judging from your description.

The fault (If it is the key cylinder) won’t go away by removing all the extra keys (weight) alone.

The key cylinder still must be replaced, THEN it MAY work properly.

That is if in fact the key cylinder IS the problem.

It is not the weight of the keys, now. It is the fact that the ignition switch is going bad. Have it replaced & I’ll bet your problems will be over.
You can have this done at your regular mechanic’s shop.
Last time we had to do it, it cost us ~$100. Beats the heck out of having the car quit, randomly.

What year is your car? The reason I ask is because I want to know if maybe you have some sort of a security chip on your key like I had on my Chevy Lumina. I had almost the same problem except mine would die on a regular basis. I had to get a new key made up at the Chevy dealer. Probably not the case here but its looking at.

My car is Honda accord 1999. I have an appt. later today at Honda dealer. If I tell them the problem is the ignition, which I am not sure, it’s just what I think it is, because I am not mechanist nor do I have the equipment to find out, they may go ahead and fix that, but I really want them to find out what’s is going on. You see I have been so many places and I spend more than $500, and yet the problem remains the same. The dealer is the most expensive place to take to the car to fix it and I have been avoiding them and now I have no choice.